The folks at Squaw Valley resort have really outdone themselves this year, though. In addition great skiing, they’ve added several special events just for Valentine’s Day—you can take part in the “Where is the Love” scavenger hunt, or if you’re skiing solo, you could make reservations for the “Share the Love” evening snowshoe tour for singles.
Squaw Valley has put together a special Valentine’s Day dinner and ice skating package for couples including a four-course dinner for two, a scenic cable car ride, and an ice skating session with a view of Lake Tahoe.
You could also choose to make your sweetheart a love potion candle at Waxen Moon, or take up the pen and enter your Valentine’s thoughts in the Valentine’s Day poem contest at Wildflour Bakery, both near the Squaw Valley resort.
Not planning to head for Tahoe but still want to hit the slopes for Valentine’s Day? Try one of these ski resorts across the U.S. offering special Valentine’s Day activities and deals:
- Crystal Mountain in Crystal Mountain, WA
- Equinox in Manchester Village, VT
- Killington Resort in Killington, VT
- The Little Nell in Aspen, CO
- The Lodge & Spa at Cordillera in Edwards, CO
- Mount Washington Resort in Bretton Woods, NH
- Mission Ridge Ski & Snowboard Resort in Wenatchee, WA
- Timberline Lodge on Mount Hood in Oregon