Our webmaster recently received an email asking why we don’t offer information on travel to the moon since after all; we are called Moon Travel Guides. This got us thinking. Even though we don’t cover lunar travel per say, we do offer information of lots of adventurous destinations like Argentina, Cuba, Belize and Costa Rica—just to name a few.
Who knows, maybe one day we’ll cover travel to the moon, but until then, here are a few adventurous trip ideas to hold you over.
- Adventure Hiking in Guatemala – Want to get off the well-trod path? Guatemala’s mountains and jungle plains make for some extraordinary hiking.
- Explore the Brazilian Amazon – Spend 14 days exploring the world’s largest, most diverse, and most mysterious rainforest. You never know what type of creatures you’ll see on this adventure.
- Get in an Arizona Adventure – From natural rockslides to mechanical bulls to race car driving, Arizona has plenty to offer for travelers with an eye for adventure.
- Hike the Inca Trail in Peru – Though at times crowded, the hike to Machu Picchu is an unforgettable experience—both a backpacking trip and a religious pilgrimage.
- Learn to Surf in Cabo – Indulge your inner need to hang ten, and learn to surf along the Cabo coast.
Now we want to hear from you. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve ever done on vacation? The best answer will get a $25 REI gift card to help with your next adventure. You can enter by responding in the comments below, or on our Facebook or Twitter pages. Deadline to enter is 11/16/2010 at noon CST.
Let the adventure begin!