- Blue Scorcher (Astoria). Come for a cardamom almond roll, and then return for lunch. They make great vegetarian sandwiches, and the people-watching is first rate. Fridays feature a range of gluten-free pastries and sandwiches.
- Pacific Way Bakery and Cafe (Gearhart). The café next door is locally famous; forget the struggle to get a table there and settle in with a pastry from the bakery.
- Grateful Bread (Pacific City). French toast made from challah bread, gingerbread pancakes, and the town’s best pizza make this airy café a place to spend some time.
- Panini Bakery (Newport). Who needs the beach when you’ve got a cup of coffee and a chocolate panini?
- Green Salmon (Yachats). After a morning at the Green Salmon, you’ll be checking the real estate ads for your own little Yachats bungalow.
Excerpted from the Fifth Edition of Moon Coastal Oregon.