- Pat’s King of Steaks and Geno’s Steaks, the famous dueling spots in South Philly, are worth a visit for the cultural experience.
- Jim’s Steaks, a Philadelphia landmark and regular stop for visiting celebs, serves superior steaks.
- At centrally-located Tony Jr.’s, dress up your cheesesteak with add-ons like broccoli rabe or roasted peppers.
- Locals claim that no-frills John’s Roast Pork, in business since 1930, serves the best sandwiches in town.
- Add a side of cheese fries or onion rings at Chubby’s Steaks, and order a beer to wash it all down.
Excerpted from the Third Edition of Moon Philadelphia.