With coastal rainforests, outstanding wine trails, and stunning alpine lakes, the Pacific Northwest makes for an amazing setting for a summer road trip. And every great road trip needs great tunes. The playlist we’ve put together below celebrates the innovation that’s been at the heart of the Pacific Northwest music scene, including artists from Jimi Hendrix to Nirvana. All of the songs on this playlist are either about the Pacific Northwest or were performed by an artist or band from the region.
Whether you’re exploring Seattle, Vancouver, Victoria, the Olympic Peninsula, Portland, the Oregon coast, or Mount Rainer, this playlist will serve as a fitting soundtrack for your journey. For more song ideas, check out a longer playlist on our Spotify channel.
- No One’s Gonna Love You – Band of Horses
- Rebel Girl – Bikini Kill
- Title and Registration – Death Cab for Cutie
- Come As You Are – Nirvana
- Hello Seattle – Owl City
- Alive – Pearl Jam
- Surface Envy – Sleater-Kinney
- Down by the Water – The Decemberists
- Rivers and Roads – The Head and the Heart
- All Along the Watchtower – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
Enjoy, and check out the full-color 2015 edition of Moon Pacific Northwest Road Trip for more inspiration as well as indispensable travel tips for your journey!