Hit the Beach
Whether they’re surfers, sunbathers, snorkelers, or shell collectors, ocean lovers will find the best beaches in the world with Moon.
Books on Beaches
Recent Articles on Beaches
- Visiting North Carolina’s Cape Lookout National Seashore Cape Lookout National Seashore is an otherworldly place with 56 miles of beach stretched out across four barrier islands. Here’s a list of sights, including eerie Portsmouth Village, as well as information on camping and other accommodations.
- The Beaches of Lahaina: A Sunbather’s Paradise The beaches of Lahaina are the most underrated on the island. The swimming is poor due to the offshore reef, but they are sunnier, less crowded, and more protected from the wind than most other beaches on Maui. Here’s an overview of some of Lahaina’s best beaches.
- Recreation and Water Sports in Placencia Village, Belize There’s no shortage of guide services in Placencia, where most tour operators offer service to all nearby destinations: snorkeling and fishing trips with lunch on a beautiful caye, visits to ancient Maya ruins, and a variety of paddling tours. Here’s some helpful information about great companies offering recreational activities in the area.
- Tips for Visiting Bermuda with Kids Bermuda makes it pretty easy to entertain children—you usually don’t have to arrange anything more organized than a trip to the beach. Here’s some info for families on kid-friendly sights, beaches, restaurants, and more.
- Tulum Beaches and Cenotes Discover Tulum’s very best beaches—thick white sand, turquoise-blue water, gently bending palm trees—or go on a snorkeling adventure in an underground cenote. Yucatán experts Gary Chandler and Liza Prado advise you on all the best spots around Tulum.
Best of Beaches
- The Best Beaches in Honduras Sun worshipers will have no problem finding palm-lined beaches large and small on which to lay their towel or sling their hammock. Here are a few tips to help you find the best beach in Honduras for you.
- Maui’s Best Beaches Maui is famous for its gorgeous beaches that attract all types, from those looking for a great snorkeling spot to those who just want a secluded escape from the crowds. Here are 12 of the best beaches on the island.
- Best Beaches along Florida’s Gulf Coast Florida Gulf Coast beaches have a diverse amount of sand types, sea life, and natural settings—and an equally wide range of waterside activity. Here’s a guide to the best beaches all along the coast.
- Best Beaches in Los Cabos along the Corridor Author Nikki Goth Itoi points you toward the best places to take a dip or lay your towel along the 29-kilometer stretch of beautiful coastline between San José del Cabo and Cabo San Lucas known as the Corridor.
- Aruba’s Best Beaches: Palm Beach, Eagle Beach, and More Aruba has been hailed as one of the top beach destinations in the world. Whether you’re looking for a place with the right waves for bodyboarding or gentle shallows that are perfect for very young children, author Rosalie Klein has a beach for you.