Hit the Beach
Whether they’re surfers, sunbathers, snorkelers, or shell collectors, ocean lovers will find the best beaches in the world with Moon.
Books on Beaches
Recent Articles on Beaches
- Visiting Muir Woods National Monument Muir Woods National Monument comprises acres of staggeringly beautiful redwood forest nestled in Marin County. Here’s information on getting there as well as recommended nearby food and accommodations.
- Costa Rica’s Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge In addition to beaches where sea turtles lay their eggs, the Gandoca-Manzanillo National Wildlife Refuge also protects rare swamp habitats, including the only mangrove forest on Costa Rica’s Caribbean shores.
- Visiting Isla del Tigre and Amapala The volcanic island of Isla del Tigre is hardly more than spitting distance from the Honduran mainland, but it has a few decent beaches, some good seafood, and an appealing lost-in-time feel.
- Vancouver’s Stanley Park: Sights in the Wild Heart of the City Stanley Park is a permanent preserve of wilderness in the city’s heart, complete with abundant wildlife. In addition to the Vancouver Aquarium, the park is also home to Klahowya Village which celebrates local aboriginal culture.
- Coastal Oregon’s Dune Country: Coos Bay to Florence The Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area encompasses the largest and most extensive oceanfront dunes in the world. Learn about scenic views and recreation opportunities among the dunes.
Best of Beaches
- The Best Snorkeling and Diving in the Hawaiian Islands From night diving with manta rays on the Big Island to the 300 foot drop of Molokini Crater’s famous Back Wall in Maui, learn more about some of the best places in the islands to get into the water and explore.
- Best Beaches on the Georgia and South Carolina Coast There are plenty of beaches to enjoy on the Georgia and South Carolina coast—and many of them tend to get much less traffic than more touristy areas. Here’s a quick guide to figuring out which beach is best for you.
- The 10 Best Places to Camp on Oregon’s Coast From north to south, here are 10 great coastal camping spots for all interests—whether you’re looking for something easily accessible or beautifully secluded.
- The Best Beaches in Honduras Sun worshipers will have no problem finding palm-lined beaches large and small on which to lay their towel or sling their hammock. Here are a few tips to help you find the best beach in Honduras for you.
- Maui’s Best Beaches Maui is famous for its gorgeous beaches that attract all types, from those looking for a great snorkeling spot to those who just want a secluded escape from the crowds. Here are 12 of the best beaches on the island.