American Nomad Blog
About this blog
American Nomad covers the best of U.S. travel—from vacation deals to festivals, weekend getaways, travel tips, and more. A seasoned traveler and Moon author, Laura is the perfect guide to help discover new gems when traveling domestically.
- A Southern Girl's Wintertime Adventure in Yellowstone
- One Novelist's Odyssey Across America
- Gearing up for a Family Camping Trip
- Mint Juleps and More at Oak Alley Plantation
- Avoiding Identity Theft While on Vacation
- Money-Saving Travel Tips from Nomadic Matt
- Fashion, Fun, and Convenience for the Modern Traveler
- In Search of Irish Museums Across America
- The Inspiring Journey of a Solo Kayaker
- Getting Fit for Treks in Yosemite and Elsewhere, Part 2
- Getting Fit for Treks in Yosemite and Elsewhere, Part 1
- Experiencing Yosemite with YExplore
- Two Travel Contests Worth Mentioning
- A Word About the TSA's No-No List
- A Reader's Advice About Airport Security
Win a Moon Michigan Guide!
This week, there are two giveaways happening at Moon.com. Author Wayne Bernhardson is offering a trivia contest to determine two winners of his brand-new third edition of Moon Chile. Likewise, the Moon Staff is celebrating the Golden State by giving away a free copy of the third edition of Moon Monterey & Carmel.
Taking a cue from my fellow authors and colleagues, I’ve decided to give away a free copy of the third edition of Moon Michigan – just in time for the fun-filled winter season, when downhill skiers, ice fishermen, and snowshoers descend upon the Great Lakes State. To make it a little challenging, I propose the following trivia contest:
1) What is the name of the park pictured on the front cover of the new edition?
2) What’s the difference between a fudgie and a pasty?
3) What are the two most common nicknames for the world’s third longest suspension bridge?
The first person to answer all three questions correctly wins a copy of this guide. If you’re stumped, rest assured that all the answers can be found within the pages of Moon Michigan.
Please send your answers to the following email address: laura [at] wanderingsoles [dot] com. Winners will be notified via email.
Oh, and if you’re curious about what this incredible state has to offer, especially during the winter months, please check out my Author Q&A. Happy travels!
As always, I’m open to ideas for future posts. If you have any suggestions, burning questions, or destinations that you’d like me to explore in greater detail, please comment below or contact me at laura [at] wanderingsoles [dot] com.