Cuba & Costa Rica Blog
About this blog
Written by Cuba and Costa Rica expert Christopher P. Baker, this blog will update readers on life in these two diverse and exciting countries.
- Last blog post on Costa Rica and Cuba
- First-ever group motorcycle tours of Cuba successful
- Cuba’s Mariel port readying for Panama Canal expansion
- Musings on wildlife encounters on Costa Rica’s Osa Peninsula
- Cuba’s Steam Trains puffing their last gasp
- My top five thrilling activities in Costa Rica
- Cuba’s fun February festivals include Harleys, Books, Cigars
- Five top volcano viewing experiences in Costa Rica
- New road along Costa Rica / Nicaraguan border mired
- Cuba’s Hotel Campoamor at Cojímar to be restored?
- Cuban revolutionary Celia Sánchez honored in new book
- Christmas challenge for Costa Rica’s sexually abused girls
- Costa Rica opens Chinatown in downtown San José
- David Soul films Hemingway’s car restoration in Cuba
- National Geographic Expeditions receives license for Cuba tours
Moon Spotlight chapter guides to Costa Rica now available for purchase
Most visitors to Costa Rica choose to tour one or two regions only, or three at the most. The favorite destinations are the Caribbean, Arenal and Monteverde, and the Nicoya Peninsula.
Traveler who know in advance that these are the regions they wish to visit may wish to purchase the "spotlight" chapter guides for these zones.
These brand-new guidebooks–Moon Spotlight Arenal & Monteverde; Moon Spotlight Costa Rica's Caribbean Coast & San José; and Moon Spotlight Costa Rica's Nicoya Peninsula–extract the regional chapters from the all-new Moon Costa Rica (7th edition), due for release in October. With the Spotlights, you also get the 'Essentials' chapter, with all the practical planning information you need to map out your entire Costa Rican vacation.
Priced at only $7.95, these slender, highly-portable, illustrated mini-guides pack in all the information you could need for planning your trip, including maps.