Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Awesome Intern Needed
Are you interested in learning more about the publishing industry? If so, we’ve got an opportunity for you!
Avalon Travel, and our fellow imprint, Seal Press, are looking for a part-time marketing and publicity intern. The position is unpaid, but provides a great chance to learn more about book publicity and marketing. Our interns are involved in a variety of marketing and publicity related projects, including writing press releases and galley letters, pitching media, writing copy, and doing web research. They also help with administrative tasks such as review copy mailings, filing, and other projects as needed.
If you’re interested, please send a resume and cover letter to avalon.internships [at] perseusbooks [dot] com. For more information, please visit the Avalon Travel internship information page.
Online Marketing Manager