Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Enter to Win in Our California Livin' Giveaway!
Moon’s offices are based in California—Berkeley, to be exact. So it’s no surprise the Golden State has a special place in our hearts.
This season, we’re releasing six new and fully updated editions to several popular California destinations: Coastal California , Tahoe, Monterey & Carmel, Northern California, Southern California and California Beaches.
To celebrate, we’re giving away a copy of Moon Monterey & Carmel, along with four tickets (admission for two adults and two children) to the world-class Monterey Bay Aquarium! A special thanks to the aquarium for generously providing the tickets.
To enter, submit your full name, mailing address, and phone number (for shipping purposes only) to giveaway [at] moon [dot] com by midnight on October 18th. One winner will be selected at random and announced on the staff blog the week of October 19th.
In addition to the giveaway, California trip ideas, and guest blog posts by Liz Hamill Scott—author of several of Moon’s California guides—can be found all this week on the site. We hope you will enjoy our special tribute to California and do a little California dreamin’ of your own.
Online Marketing Manager
Photo © Evan Richardson