Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
An Evening with Outdoors Writer Tom Stienstra at REI Berkeley, June 17th at 7pm
If you're a Bay Area local or are just visiting, join Tom Stienstra, outdoors columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle, on Wednesday, June 17th at 7pm, for an exciting multi-media event at REI Berkeley.
REI Berkeley: Wednesday, June 17th at 7pm
Doors open at 6:30, arrive early, space is limited
1338 San Pablo Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
Sierra Crossing and More: An Inspirational Evening with Outdoors Writer Tom Stienstra:
Award-winning guidebook author and outdoors columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle, Tom Stienstra has spent more than 30 years exploring California wilderness, in search of the best places to backpack, fish, or camp. Join Tom for slides and stories of his recent 70-mile crossing of the Sierra Crest, from Mount Whitney west to Sequoia National Park. As Tom takes you trekking across this pristine landscape, following in the footsteps of the pioneers and explorers of 200 years ago, he’ll share his trademark tips on how to make backcountry adventures rewarding experiences you’ll never forget. Following the program, Tom will sign copies of his guidebook classics, including brand new editions of Moon California Camping and Moon Northern California Camping.
Look forward to seeing some of you there,