Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
We’ve recently added content from our Moon California guide to Moon.com. You can find it here. Author Liz Hamill Scott does a fantastic job balancing her reviews between standard tourist attractions, like Disneyland and SeaWorld, and lesser known—but just as fabulous—destinations like Bumpass Hell and Crystal Cave.
Liz is now blogging at Moon.com. If you’re planning a trip, be sure to check it out to find updated information and get more insight on what's happening in the Golden State.
I’ve been living in the San Francisco Bay Area for 17 years, and while I know I haven’t seen and done it all, editing Moon California for the website opened my eyes to re-discovering the Bay Area. The weather has been nice lately (though we’re getting a soft spring rain today) and my next several weekends are planned. I’ll be out visiting old favorites like the de Young Museum or the Rosicrucian, and hopefully finding new favorites like Mission San Francisco Solano de Sonoma.
Moon.com Content Editor