Moon Staff Blog
About this blog
The Moon Water Cooler is a place for Moon staffers to share what's new in their world. Check back often to hear about author events, book releases, travel trends, and maybe even some staff recommendations for what part of the world to explore next.
- Two Reasons This Week is Awesome: Earth Day and National Park Week
- The Glory, the Groundwork, and the Grind of Travel Writing
- Finding Pizza Nirvana in Nashville
- Guest Interview: Exploring Offbeat Mexico with Churpa Rogers
- Guest Interview: The People's Guide to Mexico Authors Carl Franz and Lorena Havens
- Guest Post: Top 10 Gifts for Road Trippers
- Hawaii Giveaway Winner Announced
- Win a Round-Trip Ticket to Hawaii from Moon and Hawaiian Airlines!
- Why Moving to Belize Isn’t as Hard as You’d Think
- From Dosas to Dumplings: My Eight Favorite Toronto Restaurants
- Guest Post: At Least We Have Pizza – The Cost of Living in Mexico vs. New York City
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part Two
- Hawai'i: A Foodie Paradise — Part One
- Exploring California via Road Trip with Moon California Road Trip
- Enjoying the Outdoors in the Black Hills of South Dakota
Springtime in Alaska for only $299
Here’s a tip in from Don Pitcher, our on-the-ground author of Moon Alaska: a 7-night cruise in May through Southeast Alaska for a only $299.
Don wrote us this morning wanting to share this deal with Moon readers, and pointed out that while the rest of Alaska can still be a bit chilly in the spring, Southeast Alaska is usually lush and green, just begging to be explored.
The itinerary includes Vancouver, Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway, Whittier, and cruising around Glacier Bay and College Fjord.
Sailing dates on Princess Cruises are May 18th and 25th, but the deal expires on April 23rd, so there’s only two days left to jump on this. And when you do, make sure to grab a copy of Moon Southeast Alaska, our lean and mean guide that covers all the spots on your upcoming cruise to Alaska.