Mundo Maya Blog
About this blog
Travelers to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras in 2012 can expect a yearlong celebration of Maya culture, past and present—and Moon Maya 2012 author Joshua Berman is blogging about all of it.
- Maya 2012: A Round-up of Celebrations in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize & Honduras
- Reporting for National Geographic on Maya winter solstice in Belize
- Maya calendar cycle celebrated throughout Central America
- Feliz B'aktun! The New Dawn is Here: The First Sunrise in Caracol, Belize
- Maya Calendar 101: What Does “December 21, 2012” Really Mean?
- Gifts for Mayaphiles
- Books on the Maya: Suggested Reading for 2012
- Izapa Sunrise Story by Mary Jo McConahay
- Tranquilo Radio Tour 2012: Seven hours straight of talking about travel
- Tune in this Wednesday! Maya 2012 author Josh Berman on a radio show near you!
- End Maya-Aztec calendar confusion now!
- Q&A with Maya Experts on Satellite Imagery of Archaeological Sites
- Maya response to 'doomsday' 2012 stories
- Only a couple of rooms left for "The Great Return: Copan 2012" tour of a lifetime!
- 5 Questions about Traveling in the Mundo Maya for Rafael Garcia
Archaeology Magazine: Special Collector's Issue on the Maya
If there's one thing I've learned this past year of reading books about the Maya, it is that the truth about the Maya is far more fascinating than the stories of crystal skulls. So I guess I've become a bit of a Maya truth junkie. That's why I did not hesitate to click away $8 for a copy of ARCHAEOLOGY MAGAZINE: THE MAYA. It is a "best of" collector's edition featuring articles on the latest discoveries, hundreds of photos, maps, timelines, and I'll find out what else when the magazine comes.
"Come with Archaeology's editors as they dive deep into the sacred pools where the Maya made human sacrifices to the gods, watch modern boxers in Mexico recreating the sacred rituals of their Maya ancestors, and delve into one man's obsession with an ancient Maya queen." [LINK]