Mundo Maya Blog
About this blog
Travelers to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras in 2012 can expect a yearlong celebration of Maya culture, past and present—and Moon Maya 2012 author Joshua Berman is blogging about all of it.
- Maya 2012: A Round-up of Celebrations in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize & Honduras
- Reporting for National Geographic on Maya winter solstice in Belize
- Maya calendar cycle celebrated throughout Central America
- Feliz B'aktun! The New Dawn is Here: The First Sunrise in Caracol, Belize
- Maya Calendar 101: What Does “December 21, 2012” Really Mean?
- Gifts for Mayaphiles
- Books on the Maya: Suggested Reading for 2012
- Izapa Sunrise Story by Mary Jo McConahay
- Tranquilo Radio Tour 2012: Seven hours straight of talking about travel
- Tune in this Wednesday! Maya 2012 author Josh Berman on a radio show near you!
- End Maya-Aztec calendar confusion now!
- Q&A with Maya Experts on Satellite Imagery of Archaeological Sites
- Maya response to 'doomsday' 2012 stories
- Only a couple of rooms left for "The Great Return: Copan 2012" tour of a lifetime!
- 5 Questions about Traveling in the Mundo Maya for Rafael Garcia
Colorado Awaits 2012 Winter Solstice Celebration
Don't have enough money for a plane ticket to the Mundo Maya this December? Mexico, Belize, Honduras, and Guatemala will all be in full ceremony/celebration mode as we approach the December 21, 2012, famed end of the Long Count. Luckily, the winter solstice event will be celebrated outside the Maya region as well.
In Boulder, Colorado, for example, a number of high-energy tribal/fusion musical groups have teamed up to throw the "Mayan Millennial Masquerade Ball" at the Avalon Ballroom. Find out more and buy tickest at: www.coloradosolstice.com. The musical acts include Kan'nal, Tierro, Lunar Fire, and Buddha Bomb, to name a few.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE PLANNING A MAYA 2012 RELATED EVENT IN YOUR AREA AND I'LL SHARE IT WITH MY READERS! Just link to your event in the comments below.