Mundo Maya Blog
About this blog
Travelers to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras in 2012 can expect a yearlong celebration of Maya culture, past and present—and Moon Maya 2012 author Joshua Berman is blogging about all of it.
- Maya 2012: A Round-up of Celebrations in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize & Honduras
- Reporting for National Geographic on Maya winter solstice in Belize
- Maya calendar cycle celebrated throughout Central America
- Feliz B'aktun! The New Dawn is Here: The First Sunrise in Caracol, Belize
- Maya Calendar 101: What Does “December 21, 2012” Really Mean?
- Gifts for Mayaphiles
- Books on the Maya: Suggested Reading for 2012
- Izapa Sunrise Story by Mary Jo McConahay
- Tranquilo Radio Tour 2012: Seven hours straight of talking about travel
- Tune in this Wednesday! Maya 2012 author Josh Berman on a radio show near you!
- End Maya-Aztec calendar confusion now!
- Q&A with Maya Experts on Satellite Imagery of Archaeological Sites
- Maya response to 'doomsday' 2012 stories
- Only a couple of rooms left for "The Great Return: Copan 2012" tour of a lifetime!
- 5 Questions about Traveling in the Mundo Maya for Rafael Garcia
Mark Van Stone's revised "2012: Science and Prophecy of the Ancient Maya"
Mark Van Stone, Ph.D., Professor of Art History at Southwestern College, is announcing the release of his book, 2012: Science & Prophecy of the Ancient Maya, revised for iPad and available here. Van Stone explains the Maya prophecy "from a scholarly perspective using some of the most advanced multi-media tools in existence, including 3-D animation, and interactive graphs, charts and illustrations. See what Maya scholars, not New Age nut jobs and Doomsday Preppers are saying about what the ancient Maya really left behind and what it means."