Mundo Maya Blog
About this blog
Travelers to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras in 2012 can expect a yearlong celebration of Maya culture, past and present—and Moon Maya 2012 author Joshua Berman is blogging about all of it.
- Maya 2012: A Round-up of Celebrations in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize & Honduras
- Reporting for National Geographic on Maya winter solstice in Belize
- Maya calendar cycle celebrated throughout Central America
- Feliz B'aktun! The New Dawn is Here: The First Sunrise in Caracol, Belize
- Maya Calendar 101: What Does “December 21, 2012” Really Mean?
- Gifts for Mayaphiles
- Books on the Maya: Suggested Reading for 2012
- Izapa Sunrise Story by Mary Jo McConahay
- Tranquilo Radio Tour 2012: Seven hours straight of talking about travel
- Tune in this Wednesday! Maya 2012 author Josh Berman on a radio show near you!
- End Maya-Aztec calendar confusion now!
- Q&A with Maya Experts on Satellite Imagery of Archaeological Sites
- Maya response to 'doomsday' 2012 stories
- Only a couple of rooms left for "The Great Return: Copan 2012" tour of a lifetime!
- 5 Questions about Traveling in the Mundo Maya for Rafael Garcia
Maya 2012 on Rick Steves Radio
I always like talking to Rick Steves and I'm honored to be featured on Program 273:
The show first aired last weekend (1/14/2012) and is now archived and podcasted for your convenience. My segment begins around the 35-minute mark, I hope you like it.
Here's the official show description: "Ed Vulliamy investigates the escalating bloodshed from drug gangs in Northern Mexico and shares what he found in a 'post-political' war zone, where few outsiders dare to tread. But Mexico is a big country, so Rick also explores this year's special tourism emphasis around an ancient Mayan prophesy, which is is fostering a deeper interest in the indigenous culture in the south ... with travel writer Josh Berman, author of the 'Maya 2012' guidebook (Moon Publications)." LINK->