Mundo Maya Blog
About this blog
Travelers to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras in 2012 can expect a yearlong celebration of Maya culture, past and present—and Moon Maya 2012 author Joshua Berman is blogging about all of it.
- Maya 2012: A Round-up of Celebrations in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize & Honduras
- Reporting for National Geographic on Maya winter solstice in Belize
- Maya calendar cycle celebrated throughout Central America
- Feliz B'aktun! The New Dawn is Here: The First Sunrise in Caracol, Belize
- Maya Calendar 101: What Does “December 21, 2012” Really Mean?
- Gifts for Mayaphiles
- Books on the Maya: Suggested Reading for 2012
- Izapa Sunrise Story by Mary Jo McConahay
- Tranquilo Radio Tour 2012: Seven hours straight of talking about travel
- Tune in this Wednesday! Maya 2012 author Josh Berman on a radio show near you!
- End Maya-Aztec calendar confusion now!
- Q&A with Maya Experts on Satellite Imagery of Archaeological Sites
- Maya response to 'doomsday' 2012 stories
- Only a couple of rooms left for "The Great Return: Copan 2012" tour of a lifetime!
- 5 Questions about Traveling in the Mundo Maya for Rafael Garcia
Maya Field Workshops with David Stuart in Copan
Another incredible opportunity! This one is a week-long educational Maya Field Workshop in Copan, Honduras, one of the grandest, most important cities in the Maya world. The program is open to all levels of participants, an "intensive, on-site seminar devoted to introducing you to the world of Maya archaeology and epigraphy." This one is led by none other than renowned archaeologist David Stuart of the University of Texas at Austin.
Stuart is not just any Maya expert. He played a key role in the decipherment of Maya script and has been working at Copan since he was 20 years old. He is the author of The Order of Days (Random House, 2011) as well as many other Maya related titles. LINK