Mundo Maya Blog
About this blog
Travelers to Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, and Honduras in 2012 can expect a yearlong celebration of Maya culture, past and present—and Moon Maya 2012 author Joshua Berman is blogging about all of it.
- Maya 2012: A Round-up of Celebrations in Mexico, Guatemala, Belize & Honduras
- Reporting for National Geographic on Maya winter solstice in Belize
- Maya calendar cycle celebrated throughout Central America
- Feliz B'aktun! The New Dawn is Here: The First Sunrise in Caracol, Belize
- Maya Calendar 101: What Does “December 21, 2012” Really Mean?
- Gifts for Mayaphiles
- Books on the Maya: Suggested Reading for 2012
- Izapa Sunrise Story by Mary Jo McConahay
- Tranquilo Radio Tour 2012: Seven hours straight of talking about travel
- Tune in this Wednesday! Maya 2012 author Josh Berman on a radio show near you!
- End Maya-Aztec calendar confusion now!
- Q&A with Maya Experts on Satellite Imagery of Archaeological Sites
- Maya response to 'doomsday' 2012 stories
- Only a couple of rooms left for "The Great Return: Copan 2012" tour of a lifetime!
- 5 Questions about Traveling in the Mundo Maya for Rafael Garcia
Speaker in Denver: Misunderstanding the Maya Calendar and 2012
I'm excited for Dr. Ed Barnhart's talk at the Denver Art Museum on February 19, 2012, "Misunderstanding the Maya Calendar: 2012 & Why You Shouldn't Worry."
The esteemed Dr. Barnhart is the head of the Maya Exploration Center, the man behind the Palenque mapping project, and a featured expert in my book, Moon Maya 2012, where he discusses travel in the Mundo Maya, and offers other insights on Maya concept of time.
"Join archaeologist Dr. Ed Barnhart as he attempts to separate fact from fiction and calculation from conjecture in a lecture about the 2012 and the Maya calendar. This talk will discuss the foundations of the 2012 phenomena, the pseudo-science behind many of the claims, and how much of it has absolutely nothing to do with the Maya." [LINK for DETAILS]