By Christopher P. Baker
Sixth Edition, March 2015
Price: $24.99 USD
Price: $16.99 USD
Award-winning travel writer Christopher P. Baker highlights Cuba’s best lesser-known local hotspots, including Finca Manacas (the birthplace of Fidel), Parque Lennon, and Rumba de Salvador’s Alley. He also offers fun and creative travel suggestions, such as Havana’s Musical Feast; 10 Best Scenic Drives; and Dive Into Cuba. With in-depth information on Havana and complete coverage of the island, Moon Cuba gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Cuba
Enjoy the very best of Cuba with these trip ideas and itineraries:
- The Best of Cuba
- Viva la Revolucion!
- Best Beaches
- Havana’s Musical Feast
- Best Scenic Drives
- Birding at Its Best
- Dive Into Cuba
Explore what Cuba has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Havana including Habana Vieja, Centro Habana ad Cerro, Vedado and Plaza de la Revolucion, Playa (Miramar and Beyond), Havana Suburbs, and Havana Province
- Artemisa and Pinar del Río including Central Artemisa Province, the North Coast, Sierra del Rosario, Pinar del Río and Vicinity, Sierra de los Órganos, South and Southwestern Pinar del Río
- Isla de la Juventud Special Municipality including Archipielago de los Canarreos
- Mayabeque and Matanzas including Mayabeque Province, Matanzas and Vicinity, Varadero, Central Matanzas, Península de Zapata and Vicinity
- Cienfuegos and Villa Clara including Cienfuegos and Vicinity, Santa Clara and Vicinity, and Eastern Villa Clara
- Sancti Spiíritus including Sancti Spíritus and Vicinity, Trinidad and Vicinity
- Ciego de Ávila and Camagüey including Ciego de Ávila and Vicinity, Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo, Camagüey and Vicinity, and North Coast of Camagüey
- Las Tunas and Holguín including Las Tunas and Vicinity, Holguín and Vicinity, North of Holguín, and Holguín to Guantanamo Province
- Granma including Bayamo and Vicinity, the Sierra Maestra, Manzanillo to Cabo Cruz, and the South Coast
- Santiago de Cuba including Santiago, North and West of Santiago, and Reserva de la Biosfera Baconao
- Guantánamo including Guantánamo and Vicinity, Gunatánamo to Baracoa, Baracoa and Vicinity
Resources include Spanish and Cuban Spanish Phrasebooks
Christopher P. Baker was born and raised in Yorkshire, England. He received a BA in geography from University College, London, and masters degrees in Latin American studies from Liverpool University and in education from the Institute of Education, London University.
He began his writing career in 1978 as a contributing editor on Latin America for Land & Liberty, a London-based political journal. In 1980, he received a Scripps-Howard Foundation Scholarship in Journalism to attend the University of California, Berkeley.
Since 1983, Christopher, the 2008 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalist of the Year, has made his living as a professional travel writer, photographer, lecturer, and tour guide. He specializes in Cuba, about which he has written six books. He has contributed to more than 150 publications worldwide, including CNN Travel, National Geographic Traveler, Robb Report, and The Los Angeles Times. Christopher has been profiled in USA Today, appears frequently on radio and television talk shows and as a guest-lecturer aboard cruise ships, and has spoken at the National Press Club, World Affairs Council, and on National Geographic Live. He is a National Geographic Resident Expert and conducts tours of Cuba, Colombia, and Costa Rica and Panama for National Geographic Expeditions. In 2013, he led the first-ever motorcycle tours of Cuba for U.S. citizens on behalf of MotoDiscovery.
His many books include Moon Costa Rica, Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling Through Castro’s Cuba, and Cuba Classics: A Celebration of Vintage American Automobiles.
Christopher’s website can be found at christopherpbaker.com.