Moon Acadia National Park
By Hilary Nangle
Fifth Edition, June 2015
Journalist and Maine native Hilary Nangle knows the best ways to enjoy Acadia National Park, from biking through coastal forests and exploring iconic lighthouses to visiting quaint towns with great shopping and seafood. Nangle offers unique strategies that help organize trips around central themes, such as A Studio Tour: Artists and Artisans and The 3-Day Best of Acadia National Park. With details on hiking to ancient sea caves on Mount Desert Island, boarding a catamaran in Bar Harbor to observe whales and puffins, and enjoying fresh lobster at market price on the Schoodic Peninsula, Moon Acadia National Park gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
This full-color guide includes vibrant photos and helpful maps.
What’s inside Moon Acadia National Park
Enjoy the very best of Acadia National Park with these itineraries:
- The Best of Acadia National Park
- Best in One Day
- A 15-Day Road Trip
- Mount Desert Island with Kids
- Lobster, Lighthouses, and L.L. Bean
- Best Hikes
Explore what Acadia National Park has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Acadia on Mount desert Island
- Schoodic Peninsula
- Deer Isle and Isle au Haut
- Ellsworth and Trenton
- Mount Desert Island Communities including Bar Harbor and Vicinity, Northeast and Seal Harbors, Southwest Harbor and Vicinity, Tremont: Bass Harbor, Bernard, and Seal Cove, and Islands Near Mount Desert
- Blue Hill Peninsula including Bucksport Area, Blue Hill, Brooklin, Brooksville, Sedgwick, and Castine