Moon Atlantic Canada
Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland & Labrador
By Andrew Hempstead
Seventh Edition, May 2015
Price: $21.99 USD
Travel writer and Canada expert Andrew Hempstead offers unique insight into this historic corner of the North American coast, from swimming in the warm waters of Northumberland Strait to exploring bustling downtown Moncton and its lively nightclubs. Hempstead includes unique trip strategies that connect with travelers’ specific interests, such as Rugged Atlantic Canada—an outdoors-oriented itinerary—and Atlantic Canada’s Best in One Week, for those who want to see all four provinces but only have a week to spare. With information on how to find the freshest seafood, where to hang out on America’s oldest street, and when to get the best views at Peggy’s Cove, Moon Atlantic Canada gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
This full-color guide includes vibrant photos and helpful maps.
What’s inside Moon Atlantic Canada
Enjoy the very best of Atlantic Canada with these itineraries:
- The Best of Atlantic Canada
- Fresh from the Sea
- The Maritime Tour
- A Family Affair
- Top 10 Cultural Attractions
- Rugged Atlantic Canada
Explore what Atlantic Canada has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Nova Scotia
- New Brunswick
- Prince Edward Island
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- South Shore including Halifax to Mahone Bay, Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, Lunenburg to Shelburne, Shelburne and Vicinity, and Yarmouth
- Fundy Coast including La Cote Acadienne, Digby and Vicinity, Annapolis Royal, Kejimkujik National Park, Annapolis Valley, Wolfville and Vicinity
- Central Nova Scotia including Halifax to Truro, Glooscap Trail, Sunrise Coast to Pictou, Pictou, Pictou to Cape Breton Island, and Marine Drive
- Cape Breton Island including Port Hastings to Baddeck, Baddeck and Vicinity, Cheticamp, Cape Breton Highlands National Park, Ingonish and Vicinity, and The Northeast
- Saint John and the Fundy Coast including Saint John and Vicinity, St. Andrews and Vicinity, Fundy Isles, and Upper Fundy Coast
- Saint John River Valley including Fredericton and Vicinity, and Up the Saint John River
- Acadian Coast including Moncton, Southeast from Moncton, Strait Coast, Miramichi River, Baie des Chaleurs
- Charlottetown and Queens County including The South Shore, Charlottetown to Cavendish, and Cavendish
- Prince County including Summerside, Malpeque Bay, Region Evangeline, and Western Prince County
- Eastern Prince Edward Island including Along Northumberland Strait, Murray Harbour to Souris, Souris and Vicinity, North Shore
- St. John’s and the Avalon Peninsula including Avalon Peninsula
- Central and Western Newfoundland including Burin Peninsula and Vicinity, Bonavista Peninsula, Clarenville to Deer Lake, Deer Lake to Port-aux-Basques, Gros Morne National Park, and Northern Peninsula
- Labrador including Labrador Straits, Central Labrador, and North Coast
For this edition of Moon Atlantic Canada, Andrew Hempstead traveled extensively through all four provinces. He feasted on traditional rappie pie along the Acadian Coast, viewed the wonders of Prince Edward Island through the eyes of his children, and drove the entire length of the Trans-Labrador Highway. These diverse experiences, along with input from untold numbers of locals and a love of the outdoors, created this guidebook.
As a professional travel writer, Andrew spends as much time as possible out on the road. During his travels, he experiences the many and varied delights of Atlantic Canada the same way his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.