Including Cabo San Lucas
By Nikki Goth Itoi
Ninth Edition, October 2011
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Seasoned writer and Mexico enthusiast Nikki Goth Itoi knows the best way to experience Baja—from exploring Valle de Guadalupe, Baja’s wine country, to riding the waves at the region’s premiere surfing spots. Itoi offers a variety of suggested travel strategies, including Island Hopping, Around the Cape in Seven Days, and Seaside Romance. Complete with tips on fishing and kayaking in Loreto and information on evening Art Walks in San José del Cabo, Moon Baja gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Baja
Enjoy the very best of Baja with these itineraries:
- Best of Baja Road Trip
- Island Hopping
- Around the Cape in Seven Days
- Scuba Diving Tips
- Four-Day Getaways
- Seaside Romance
Explore what Baja has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Tijuana, Rosarito, and Tecate
- La Paz and Vicinity
- The West Cape and Todos Santos
- Ensenada to El Rosario including Ensenada and Vicinity, Valle de Guadalupe, Sierra de Juarez, Maneadero to Vicente Guerrero, Sierra de San Pedro Martir, Valle and Bahia de San Quintin, and El Roasario
- Mexicali to San Felipe including Mexicali to Tecate, San Felipe and Vicinity
- Desierto Central to Bahia de los Angeles including Into the Interior, Bahia de los Angeles, and South of Punta Prieta
- Guerrero Negro to Bahia Concepcion including Guerro Negro and Vicinity, Vizcaino Peninsula, San Ignacio and Vicinity, Santa Rosalia and Vicinity, Mulege and Vicinity, Bahia Concepcion, La Purisma, Comondu and Vicinity
- Loreta and Bahia Magdalena including Loreto and Vicinity, Ensenada Blanca to Cuidad Constitution, and Bahia Magdalena
- The East Cape and the Sierra de la Laguna including Bahia de las Palmas, El Camino Rural Costero, Sierra de la Laguna and Vicinity
- Los Cabos including San Jose del Cabo, The Corridor, and Cabos San Lucas
Resources also include a Spanish Phrasebook
For more than a decade, Nikki Goth Itoi has explored Baja California by land and sea, with extended stays on both the Pacific and Gulf coasts. She has snorkeled with whale sharks and giant manta rays in La Paz Bay, learned to scuba dive at Pulmo Reef, and escorted baby turtles into the sea. When not in the water or on the beach, she enjoys meeting fellow travelers and finding new places to eat fresh, local food.
A native of New York State, Nikki is also the author of Moon Hudson River Valley. She has traveled throughout Mexico, Europe, Asia, and the United States for work and fun. When not on the road, Nikki finds time for swimming, backpacking, and teaching her kids to ski. She lives in Northern California with her husband, Paul, and their two sons.