Buy Moon Belize Cayes
Second Edition, October 2017
Price: $17.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
The Belize Cayes offer a world of natural beauty, postcard-worthy beaches, and spectacular Caribbean scenery. Learn to scuba dive, snorkel alongside sea turtles, or spend your days unwinding on the perfect secluded beach with Moon Belize Cayes.
What You’ll Discover in Moon Belize Cayes:
- Local insight from Belize transplant and expert Lebawit Lily Girma
- Full-color photos and detailed, easy-to-use maps for navigating the islands independently
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Best of the Belize Cayes, Best Snorkeling and Diving, Romantic Rendezvous, Best Beaches, and Wildlife Spotting
- Focused coverage of the Northern Cayes, the Southern Coast and Southern Cayes, Punta Gorda and the Deep South
- In-depth chapters on can’t-miss sights, including: the Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, the Mayan Upcountry, Belize City, and more
- Honest advice on getting around within and between islands, and finding the right accommodation for you–from the best beach camping to resort-style hotels
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Grab drinks at a beach bar and dance the night away to a live Garifuna drum show. Swim with dolphins off Northern St. George’s Caye, or go birdwatching at a wildlife sanctuary. Enjoy the ocean breeze over a romantic dinner, take a sunset boat ride, or even rent an entire island for your own, perfectly secluded getaway
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on culture and history, geography, and a foolproof guide to the area’s fascinating marine life
With Moon Belize Cayes’ practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Lebawit Lily Girma
Born in Ethiopia, Lebawit Lily Girma was nine months old when her parents moved to the West African country of Côte d’Ivoire. She has loved travel ever since: exploring cultures and learning languages on various continents, including Europe and the Americas.
After practicing law in the U.S., Lily took a leap of faith to pursue her passions: travel, writing, and photography. After a three-week visit to Belize in 2010, she was determined to return. A year later, Lily was commissioned as an in-house writer and photographer for the Belize Tourism Board for three months. She explored Belize extensively, sharing her adventures through a collection of online articles, blogs, and photo essays. Belize’s diverse cultures and people struck a chord and she returned to Belize for long-term stays while researching freelance articles on the country.
In addition to this title, Lily is the author of Moon Belize Cayes and Moon Dominican Republic, and her writing and photography have been published by CNN Travel, BBC Travel, Delta Sky, Sunday Times Travel Magazine, MorningCalm, Every Day With Rachael Ray, The Travel Channel, and AFAR, among others. She was also a major contributing writer and senior editor for the 2016-2017 edition of Destination Belize Magazine, Belize’s main tourism publication.
In 2016, Lily was awarded the Marcia Vickery-Wallace Memorial Award for Excellence in Travel Journalism from the Caribbean Tourism Organization.
When she’s not visiting family in the U.S., Lily is based in the Dominican Republic, and travels to Belize every year.