By Lebawit Lily Girma
Eleventh Edition, November 2015
Price: $19.99 USD
This full-color guide includes vibrant photos and easy-to-use maps to help with trip planning.
Travel writer, photographer, and Belize expert Lebawit Lily Girma knows the best ways to experience Belize—from the gorgeous beaches of the Northern Cayes to the lush countryside of Belmopan and Cayo. Girma offers a range of interesting activities for every traveler—such as waterfall rappelling at Bocawina National Park or attending the annual Chocolate Festival—as well as unique trip ideas such as the “Rhythms of Belize.” Packed with information on dining, transportation, and accommodations, Moon Belize gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Belize
Enjoy the very best of Belize with these itineraries:
- The Best of Belize
- Flip-Flop Zones
- Underwater Bliss
- Adventure Junkies
- Wildlife Encounters
- Local Culture
- Rhythms of Belize
- The Mundo Maya
Explore what Belize has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Belize City including Along the Phillip Goldson Highway and Along the George Price Highway
- The Northern Cayes including San Pedro and Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, and Diving the Northern Atolls
- Belmopan and Cayo including San Ignacio, The Mountain Pine Range, and Into Guatemala
- Southern Coast and Cayes including Dangriga, Islands near Dangriga, Hopkins and Vicinity, The Cockscomb Basin, The Placencia Peninsula, and Islands near Placencia
- Punta Gorda and the Deep South including Punta Gorda and Vicinity, Islands near Punta Gorda, Mayan Upcountry and Archaeological Sites
- Northern Belize including Orange Walk Town, Lamanai, Blue Creek and the Rio Bravo, Corozal and Vicinity, and Chetumal (Mexico)
Born in Ethiopia, Lebawit Lily Girma was nine months old when her parents moved to the West African country of Côte d’Ivoire. She has loved travel ever since: exploring cultures, learning languages, and studying on several continents, including Europe and the Americas. After settling in the United States and practicing law for seven years, Lily took a leap of faith and went on sabbatical to pursue her true passions: travel, writing, and photography. After her first visit to Belize in 2010, she was determined to return. A year later, Lily was commissioned as an in-house writer and photographer for the Belize Tourism Board. She explored Belize extensively, sharing her adventures through a collection of over 100 online articles, blog posts, and photo essays. Belize’s diverse cultures and people struck a chord with Lily and she eventually returned to Belize for long-term stays while researching freelance articles on the country. Lily’s writing and photography have been published by CNN Travel, BBC Travel, MorningCalm magazine, Every Day With Rachael Ray, The Travel Channel, AFAR, New York magazine, The Latin Kitchen, and American Way, among others. When not in the United States, Lily spends her time in Belize and other parts of the Caribbean.