Moon Canadian Rockies
Including Banff & Jasper National Parks
By Andrew Hempstead
Eighth Edition, May 2016
Price: $19.99 USD
Canada resident and avid outdoorsman Andrew Hempstead offers his firsthand advice on experiencing the Canadian Canada resident and avid outdoorsman Andrew Hempstead offers his firsthand advice on experiencing the Canadian Rockies—from rafting on the Bow River and hiking Lake O’Hara to staying in a remote log cabin. Hempstead includes unique trip ideas, such as A Week Under the Stars and Exploring the Canadian Rockies with Children. Complete with details on escaping the crowds at Lake Louise, viewing wildlife at Moraine, and dining in Banff, Moon Canadian Rockies gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Canadian Rockies
Enjoy the very best of Canadian Rockies with these itineraries:
- Best of the Canadian Rockies
- Top 12 Day Hikes
- Two-Week Road Trip
- Winter Adventures
- Family Fun
- A Week Under the Stars
Explore what Canadian Rockies has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Watertown Lakes National Park
- Banff National Park including town of Banff, Lake Louise and Vicinity, Icefields Parkway (Banff), and Nearby Parks
- Kananaskis Country including Bow Valley Provincial Park, Kananaskis Valley, Peter Lougheed Provincial Park, Spray Valley Provincial Park, Sibbald, Elbow River Valley and Vicinity, Sheep River Valley, and Highwood/Cataract Creek
- Kootenay National Park and Vicinity including Radium Hot Springs and Vicinity
- Yoho National Park and Vicinity including Golden
- Jasper National Park including Icefields Parkway (Jasper), Town of Jasper, and Other Parks Near Jasper
As a professional travel writer, Andrew Hempstead spends as much time as possible out on the road. He looks forward to spending every second summer at home in the Canadian Rockies, traveling mountain highways and hiking trails, exploring new places, and updating old favorites. He spends as much time as possible on the road, traveling incognito, experiencing the many and varied delights of the region just as his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.