Moon Coastal Carolinas
By Jim Morekis
Second Edition, January 2010
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Moon South Carolina author Jim Morekis covers the best of the North and South Carolina coasts, including Beaufort, Wilmington, the Cape Fear Region, Myrtle Beach, Charleston, and the Lowcountry. Morekis offers his inside knowledge on the best beaches, golfing, historic parks, and seaside dining from the Down East to the Grand Strand. Whether you’re looking for a coastal weekend getaway or a longer vacation, Moon Coastal Carolinas caters to a range of travel budgets. With unique travel strategies such as Maritime Legacy and The Green Coast: An Environmental Tour, Moon Coastal Carolinas gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Coastal Carolinas
Enjoy the very best of Coastal Carolinas with these itineraries:
- The Best of the Coastal Carolinas
- Best Beaches
- Marine Morsels
- Coastal Carolinas for Couples
- Carolina Lighthouses
- Natural Adventures
- African American Heritage
Explore what Coastal Carolinas has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- The Outer Banks including Nags Head and Vicinity, Roanoke Island, Cape Hatteras National Seashore, and Across the Sounds
- North Carolina Central Coast including New Bern, Croatan National Forest and Vicinity, Beaufort and Vicinity, and Lower Outer Banks
- Wilmington and the Cape Fear Region including The Southern Coast, and Points Inland from Wilmington
- Myrtle Beach and the Grand Strand including Points Inland, Georgetown and Vicinity
- Charleston including Greater Charleston
- South Carolina Lowcountry including Beaufort, Hilton Head Island, and Points Inland
Jim Morekis grew up just a stone’s throw from South Carolina—in Savannah, Georgia—and he’s used to Charlestonians regarding his hometown as a wayward little sibling. He has traveled up and down the Carolinas and continues to find new spots and things to do on this historic and hospitable stretch of coast.
Jim’s favorite Carolina pastimes include relaxing on Edisto Island, climbing lighthouses on the Outer Banks, eating shrimp and grits in Charleston, playing miniature golf at Myrtle Beach, and walking through old cemeteries. Jim works as a journalist and travel writer, and in his spare time enjoys going shopping with his wife Sonja and daughters Sophia and Alex on Charleston’s King Street.