Buy Moon Colombia
Second Edition, July 2017
Price: $23.99 USD
Price: $16.99 USD
Idyllic colonial towns and fast-paced cities, jaw-dropping mountains and stunning beaches: see it all with Moon Colombia.
- Strategic travel plans with adaptable itineraries for exploring the wild coasts, historic towns, and rural countryside, plus a multi-week trip covering the best of Colombia
- Curated advice from local writer Andrew Dier, who provides his American-expat perspective on his adopted home
- Full-color maps and photos for exploring on your own
- Activities for every traveler: Stroll along the bougainvillea-strewn cobblestone streets of Cartagena, or explore wildlife preserves, and hike diverse biomes from the Andes to the Amazon. See the ancient ruins of Ciudad Perdida and visit indigenous communities to learn about Colombia’s past and present. Swim in the Carribean, or spot humpback whales in the Pacific. Immerse yourself in regional festivals to experience Colombia’s diverse music and dance traditions, enjoy nouvelle Colombian restaurants and hopping nightlife of Bogotà, or the perfect weather and locally-grown coffee of Medellín
- In-depth coverage of Bogotá, Cartagena and the Caribbean Coast, Boyacá and the Santanderes, Medellín and the Coffee region, Cali and Southwest Colombia, the Pacific Coast, San Andrés and Providencia, and the Amazon and Los Llanos
- Current background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment, as well as a handy Spanish phrasebook, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
- Essential insight for travelers on trekking through jungles, accessing remote mountain ranges, and exploring ancient ruins, with tips for traveling safely and respectfully engaging with the local culture
With Moon Colombia‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider’s view, you can plan your trip your way.
Andrew Dier and his Colombian partner Vio arrived in Bogotá from New York City in 2002. It was initially supposed to be a temporary move—a change of scenery for a while—but 10 years and a couple of adopted street dogs later, bustling Bogotá has gradually become their home.
Excited to share his newfound insider perspective on Colombia with others, Andrew traveled the country corner to corner to research Moon Colombia. Colombia has experienced great change during the past decade, transforming itself from a no-go to a must-see destination. Andrew is continuously astounded by the natural beauty of the country and touched by the genuine warmth of its people.
Andrew is a regular contributor to The City Paper, an English-language newspaper in Bogotá, and has written for a number of publications in the United States. He’s also become a deft translator, mostly for local nonprofit organizations.