By Christopher P. Baker
Fifth Edition, October 2010
Award-winning travel writer Christopher P. Baker highlights Cuba’s best lesser-known local hotspots, including Finca Manacas (the birthplace of Fidel), Parque Lennon, and Rumba de Salvador’s Alley. He also offers fun and creative travel suggestions, such as A Week in Havana, 10 Best Scenic Drives, and Cars, Cigars, and Cabarets. With in-depth information on Havana and complete coverage of the island—tip to tip—Moon Cuba gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
This travel guide contains up-to-date information on US law and travel to Cuba, immigration and customs, and advice on getting there and getting around.
What’s inside Moon Cuba
Enjoy the very best of Cuba with these itineraries:
- The Best of Cuba
- Best Beaches
- Viva la Revolucion!
- Best Scenic Drives
- Cars, Cigars, and Cabarets
- Birding at Its Best
- Dive Into Cuba
Explore what Cuba has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Havana including Habana Vieja, Centro Habana ad Cerro, Vedado and Plaza de la Revolucion, Playa (Miramar and Beyond), Havana Suburbs, and Havana Province
- Pinar del Rio including The North Coast, Sierra del Rosario, Pinar del Rio and Vicinity, Sierra de los Organos, South and Southwestern Pinar del Rio
- Isla de la Juventud Special Municipality including Archipielago de los Canarreos
- Matanzas including Matanzas and Vicinity, Varadero, Central Matanzas, Peninsula de Zapata and Vicinity
- Cienfuegos and Villa Clara including Cienfuegos and Vicinity, Santa Clara and Vicinity, and Eastern Villa Clara
- Sancti Spiritus including Sancti Spiritus and Vicinity, Trinidad and Vicinity
- Ciego de Avila and Camaguey including Ciego de Avila and Vicinity, Cayo Coco and Cayo Guillermo, Camaguey and Vicinity, and North Coast of Camaguey
- Las Tunas and Holguin including Las Tunas and Vicinity, Holguin and Vicinity, North of Holguin, and Holguin to Guantanamo Province
- Granma including Bayamo and Vicinity, The Sierra Maestra, Manzanillo to Cabo Cruz, and The South Coast
- Santiago de Cuba including Santiago, North and West of Santiago, and Reserva de la Biosfera Baconao
- Guantanamo including Guantanamo and Vicinity, Gunatanamo to Baracoa, Baracoa and Vicinity