Buy Moon Cuba
Seventh Edition, January 2018
Price: $24.99 USD
Price: $15.99 USD
Visting Cuba makes for an intoxicating adventure. Moon Cuba is a comprehensive guide to discovering its compelling history, romantic architecture, and natural wonders.
What You’ll Discover in Moon Cuba:
- Expert perspective from award-winning travel writer Christopher P. Baker on the country he has studied for decades
- Full-color photos and detailed, easy-to-use maps for navigating independently
- Strategic itineraries for every trip and budget, including: The Best of Cuba, Best Beaches, Havana’s Musical Feast, Scenic Drives, Birding at Its Best, Cars, Cigars, and Cabarets, Dive Into Cuba, and Eco-Adventures
- Focused coverage of Havana, Artemisa and Pinar del Rio, Isla de Juventud Special Municipality, Mayabeque and Matanzas, Cienfuegos and Villa Clara, Sancti Spíritus, Ciego de Ávila and Camagüey, Las Tunas and Holguín, Granma, Santiago de Cuba, and Guantànamo
- Honest advice on air travel, finding the right accommodations, and getting around by car or public transportation
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Go birdwatching or horseback riding or hike the revolutionary trails of the Sierra Maestra trod by Fidel Castro and Che Guevara. Savor delectable criollo cuisine, indulge in the world’s finest cigars fresh from the factory, or enjoy a night on the town with a few authentic mojitos and cuba libres
- Detailed and thorough information, including crucial background on culture and history, geography, and language
- A handy, comprehensive guide to travel laws, visas and officialdom, and health and safety tips
With Moon Cuba‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Looking to dive deeper into Cuba’s cosmopolitan culture? Try Moon Havana.
Christopher P. Baker
Christopher P. Baker was born and raised in Yorkshire, England. He received a BA in geography from University College, London, and masters degrees in Latin American studies from Liverpool University and in education from the Institute of Education, London University.
He began his writing career in 1978 as a contributing editor on Latin America for Land & Liberty, a London-based political journal. In 1980, he received a Scripps-Howard Foundation Scholarship in Journalism to attend the University of California, Berkeley.
Since 1983, Christopher – the 2008 Lowell Thomas Travel Journalist of the Year – has made his living as a professional travel writer, photographer, lecturer, and tour guide. He specializes in Cuba, about which he has written six books. He has contributed to more than 150 publications worldwide, including CNN Travel, National Geographic Traveler, Robb Report, and The Los Angeles Times. Christopher has been profiled in USA Today, appears frequently on radio and television and as a guest-lecturer aboard cruise ships, and has spoken at the National Press Club, World Affairs Council, and on National Geographic Live. He is a National Geographic Resident Expert and conducts tours of Cuba, Colombia, and Costa Rica and Panama for National Geographic Expeditions, among other leading tour companies. He also leads his own motorcycle tours of Cuba for U.S. citizens (www.cubamotorcycletours.com).
His many books include Moon Costa Rica, Mi Moto Fidel: Motorcycling Through Castro’s Cuba, and Cuba Classics: A Celebration of Vintage American Automobiles.
Christopher’s website can be found at christopherpbaker.com.