Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands
By Ben Westwood
Sixth Edition, January 2015
This full-color guide to Ecuador and the Galápagos Islands includes vibrant photos and helpful planning maps.
Seasoned traveler and journalist Ben Westwood leads adventurers to off-the-beaten-path experiences in Ecuador, from riding a train up the steep switchbacks of the famous Nariz del Diablo (Devil’s Nose) to diving off of the Galápagos Islands, where the waters are abundant with ocean life. Westwood also includes several trip strategies—such as the Indigenous Past and Present tour and Sun and Surf tour—which cater to the diverse interests of travelers. Complete with information on exploring the colonial architecture of Quito’s Old Town and climbing volcanoes in Sangay National Park, Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands
Enjoy the very best of Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands with these itineraries:
- The Best of Ecuador
- Indigenous Past and Present
- Adrenaline Rush
- Galapagos Expedition
- Wildlife Wonders
- Sun and Surf
- Ecuador’s Best Beaches/li>
Explore what Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Quito and Vicinity
- Northern Sierra including Quito to Otavalo, Otavalo, Northwest of Otavalo, Ibarra and Vicinity, Tulcán and the Colombian Border
- Central Sierra including Machachi and and Aloasí, Machachi to Latacunga, Latacunga and Vicinity, Ambato and Vicinity, Baños and Vicinity, Ambato to Guaranda, Riobamba and Vicinity
- Southern Sierra including Ingapirca and Vicinity, Cuenca and Vicinity, Loja and Vicinity, Crossing into Peru
- The Oriente including Quito to Baeza, Northern Oriente, Lower Río Napo, South to Tena and Vicinity, and Southern Oriente
- North and Central Coasts and Lowlands including Western Lowlands
- Guayaquil and the Southern Coast including Santa Elena Province, Guayaquil and Vicinity, Machala and Vicinity
- The Galápagos Islands including Santa Cruz and Nearby Islands, San Cristóbal, Santiago and Nearby Islands, Western Islands, Southern Islands, and Northern Islands