By David Stanley
Ninth Edition, February 2011
Price: $19.95 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
South Pacific expert and veteran travel writer David Stanley knows the best way to experience Fiji, from making the most of one of the world’s premiere diving spots to getting away from it all in lesser-known villages. David provides great trip ideas for a variety of travelers, such as Best of Fiji, Island-Hopper Special, and The Life Aquatic. Packed with information on swimming the reefs, taking day-long boat cruises, and sampling Fijian specialties, Moon Fiji gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Fiji
Enjoy the very best of Fiji with these itineraries:
- The 10-Day Best of Fiji
- Island-Hopper Special
- Fiji’s Finest Beaches
- The Real Fiji
- Diving and Snorkeling in Fiji
- For Nature Lover’s Only
- The Life Aquatic
Explore what Fiji has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- The Yasawa Islands
- Suva and Vicinity
- Nadi and the Mamanucas including North of Nadi, South of Nadi, and The Mamanuca Group
- Southern Viti Levu including The Coral Coast, Pacific Harbor and Vicinity, Islands off Southern Viti Levu, and Kadavu
- Northern Viti Levu including Nausori and the Rewa Delta, Northeastern Viti Levu, Northwestern Viti Levu, Lautoka and Vicinity, and Into the Interior
- The Lomaiviti Group including Ovalau Island, Islands off Ovalau, and Other Islands of the Lomaiviti Group
- Vanua Levu including Labasa and Vicinity, Savusavu and Vicinity, Buca Bay and Rabi
- Taveuni including Northern Taveuni, Eastern Taveuni, Central Taveuni, Central Taveuni, Southern Taveuni, and Islands off Taveuni
- The Lau Group and Rotuma including Northern Lau and Southern Lau
Resources include a Fijian Phrasebook
David Stanley has spent much of the past three decades on the road. He has crossed six continents overland and visited 212 of the planet’s 245 countries and territories. His travel guidebooks to the South Pacific, Micronesia, Alaska, Eastern Europe, and Cuba opened those areas to independent travelers for the first time.
For his first trip across the Pacific in 1978, David bought the longest ticket ever issued in Canada by Pan American Airways. Since then he has returned many times, visiting and revisiting the islands. His career as a travel writer began with the letters he wrote to Bill Dalton and Tony Wheeler, the pioneers of budget travel to Asia in the 1970s. That feedback soon led to guides of his own. With over a million copies sold, he’s still on the road researching guidebooks.
Though David has traveled widely and become a specialist on many parts of the world, he keeps returning to his favorite area, the South Pacific. Also the author of Moon Tahiti and Moon South Pacific, David enjoys receiving mail from those who have used his guides. His website, www.southpacific.org, provides contact details.