Moon Florida Gulf Coast
By Joshua Kinser
Third Edition, June 2011
Price: $18.99 USD
Price: $0.00 USD
Long-time Florida resident Joshua Kinser covers the best of the Gulf Coast, from the mangroves of Everglades National Park to the glass skyscrapers and lazy canals of Tampa. Kinser has plenty of fun, interesting trip strategies to offer, including Best Beaches, Camping on the Coast, and RV the GC. Complete with details on snorkeling and diving the Nature Coast’s Caverns, wandering through the historical sites of Apalachicola and Tallahassee, and fishing along miles of coast and parkland, Moon Florida Gulf Coast gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Florida Gulf Coast
Enjoy the very best of Florida Gulf Coast with these itineraries:
- The Best of the Florida Gulf Coast
- Soak It All Up
- Best Beaches
- Gone Fishin’
- Top Tent and RV Campground
- For the Birds
- Kids’ Stuff
Explore what Florida Gulf Coast has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Pinellas County
- The Paradise Coast including Naples, Marco Island, and Everglades City
- Lee County including Mort Myers, Sanibel Island, Captiva Island, Charlotte Harbor and the Barrier Islands
- Sarasota County including Sarasota and The Keys
- The Nature Coast including Weeki Wachee to Crystal River, Cedar Key, and Steinhatchee
- The Forgotten Coast including Apalachicola, St. George Island, and Eastpoint
- The Emerald Coast including Fort Walton Beach and Destin, Beaches of South Walton, and Panama City Beach
Joshua Kinser got his start as a journalist working on his college newspaper in Pensacola, FL, writing outdoor travel feature articles and a performing arts column. He went on to work at the Pensacola News Journal—he left his job there to pursue a professional music career, but continued writing on a freelance basis, publishing travel articles in SAIL magazine, art-oriented articles in Dance Spirit, and several regional travel features for PLAY magazine, a special issue division of Northwest Florida Business Magazine.
Joshua lived exclusively in Pensacola, FL for 25 years, and in that time he traveled the Gulf Coast region extensively. In 2006, he spent two months traveling the exact region that this book covers—Pensacola to Everglades City—camping, paddling, boating and hiking his way through the highlights of Florida’s Gulf Coast. An avid traveler, Joshua has journeyed all over the world—but he still considers the Gulf Coast home.
Joshua currently lives in Emerald Isle, NC.