Moon Florida Gulf Coast
By Joshua Lawrence Kinser
Fourth Edition, April 2014
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Long-time Florida resident Joshua Lawrence Kinser covers the best of the Gulf Coast, from the mangroves of Everglades National Park to the glass skyscrapers and lazy canals of Tampa. Kinser has plenty of fun, interesting trip strategies to offer, including Best Beaches, Camping on the Coast, and RV the GC. Complete with details on snorkeling and diving the Nature Coast’s Caverns, wandering through the historical sites of Apalachicola and Tallahassee, and fishing along miles of coast and parkland, Moon Florida Gulf Coast gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Florida Gulf Coast
Enjoy the very best of the Florida Gulf Coast with these itineraries:
- The Best of the Florida Gulf Coast
- Gone Fishin’
- Best Beaches
- For the Birds
- Best Camping
- Kids’ Stuff
Explore what the Florida Gulf Coast has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Naples, the Everglades, and the Paradise Coast including Marco Island and Everglades City
- Fort Myers, Sanibel, and Captiva including Charlotte Harbor and the Barrier Islands
- Sarasota County including Sarasota and The Keys
- St. Petersburg and Pinellas County
- The Nature Coast including Weeki Wachee to Crystal River, Cedar Key, and Steinhatchee
- The Forgotten Coast including Apalachicola, St. George Island, and Eastpoint
- The Emerald Coast including Fort Walton Beach and Destin, Beaches of South Walton, and Panama City Beach
- Alabama Gulf Shores including Orange Beach and Gulf Shores, and Dauphin Island
Joshua Lawrence Kinser is a native Floridian from Pensacola who spends the better part of each year traveling the entire length of the state’s Gulf Coast. After bouncing between jobs for more than a decade—traveling around the world as a writer, a wildlife biology research technician, and a professional drummer on cruise ships—he returned to Florida to write full-time.
Joshua honed his writing skills working as a staff writer for The Pensacola News Journal and publishing articles for magazines such as SAIL and Times of the Islands. As a wildlife biology tech, he has worked in Florida, Hawai‘i Volcanoes National Park, Glacier National Park in Montana, and in the forests surrounding Yosemite National Park in California. He is passionate about the outdoors and is always searching for the best freshwater springs, hiking trails, campsites, and fishing spots along the Florida Gulf Coast.
When he isn’t writing guidebooks, Joshua is busy writing fiction and nonfiction. He currently splits his time between Black Mountain, North Carolina, and Gulf Breeze, Florida.