By Al Argueta
Fifth Edition, October 2015
Price: $21.99 USD
This full-color guide includes vibrant photos and detailed maps to help with trip planning.
Part-time Guatemala resident Al Argueta provides travelers with an insider’s view of Guatemala’s best, from idyllic surf spots to popular volcanoes. Argueta offers in-depth coverage of Lake Atitlan and La Antigua, as well as Guatemala City’s diverse selection of museums. With expert advice on where to eat, sleep, relax, and explore, Moon Guatemala gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Guatemala
Enjoy the very best of Guatemala with these itineraries:
- The Best of Guatemala
- Ancient Wonders of the Maya
- Surf and Turf
- Weekend Escape
- Ecotourism Treks
- The Road to Ruins
- Bird’s-Eye View
Explore what Guatemala has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Guatemala City and Vicinity
- La Antigua Guatemala and Vicinity
- The Western Highlands including Chimaltenango Department and Vicinity, Panajachel and Lake Atitlan, Lake Atitlan Villages, Chichicastenango, Santa Cruz del Quiche and Vicinity, The Ixil Triangle, Huehuetenango Frontier, Quetzaltenango (Xela) and Vicinity
- The Pacific Coast including Retalhuleu and Vicinity, Escuintla Department, Monterrico and Hawaii, and East to El Salvador
- El Oriente and Izabul including Rios Hondo to Esquipulas, Esquipulas, Copan Archaeological Site (Honduras), Copan Ruinas Town (Honduras), Quirigua to Puerto Barrios, Puerto Barrios and Vicinity, Livington, Rio Dulce National Park, Rio Dulce Town (Fronteras), and Lake Izabal
- Las Verapaces including Salama and Vicinity, Along the Cloud Forest Biological Corridor, Coban and Vicinity, Languin and Semuc Champey, and Northern Alta Verapaz
- Peten including Poptun and Vicinity, Sayaxche and Vicinity, Flores, Lake Peten Itza, East to Belize, Tikal National Park, and The Maya Biosphere Reserve