Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills
By Nikki Goth Itoi
Fourth Edition, June 2015
Price: $17.99 USD
Price: $11.99 USD
Hudson River Valley native Nikki Goth Itoi offers an insider’s view of this scenic New York City getaway, from touring the Rockefeller and Vanderbilt mansions to fly-fishing in the Catskills. Itoi also guides travelers to the popular wineries located along Dutchess Wine Trail, as well as the summertime fun offered by Greenwood Lake and winter recreation opportunities at Hunter Mountain. Including great travel itinerary ideas such as Weekends in the Wild, Revolutionary War Route, and Fun for Foodies, Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills
Enjoy the very best of Hudson Valley & the Catskills with these itineraries:
- Day Trips from New York City
- Outdoor Adventure
- Grand Estates
- Revolutionary War Route
- Cycling the Hudson Valley
- Fun for Foodies
- Contemporary Art, Indoors and Out
- Fall Foliage Tours
Explore what Hudson Valley & the Catskills has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Lower Hudson Valley including Westchester County and Rockland County
- The Hudson Highlands including Orange County and Putnam County
- Mid-Hudson and the Southern Catskills including Dutchess County and Ulster County
- Western Catskills to the Delaware River including Sullivan County and Delaware County
- Upper Hudson Valley and the Northern Catskills including Greene County and Columbia County
- The Capital-Saratoga Region including Albany, Rensselaer County, and Saratoga County
Nikki Goth Itoi brings an insider’s perspective and a traveler’s sense of adventure to Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills. She grew up making maple syrup in the Catskills, and later studied in the Berkshires and got married in Rhinebeck. These days, she visits the region to enjoy winery tours in Dutchess County, fall foliage in the mountains, lake time in the Adirondacks, and connecting with family and friends.
A native of New York State, Nikki is also the author of Moon Baja and Moon Los Cabos. She has traveled throughout Mexico, Europe, Asia, and the United States for work and fun. When not on the road, Nikki finds time for swimming, backpacking, and teaching her kids to ski. She lives in Northern California with her husband, Paul, and their two sons.