By Jenna Gottlieb
First Edition, April 2016
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
In Iceland, fire and ice meet at the top of the world. With Moon Iceland, you can craft your perfect travel experience.
Moon Iceland features:
- Expert, local author Jenna Gottlieb, who provides her American-expat perspective on her adopted home country
- Full-color guidebooks with vibrant, stunning, and useful photos. Moon Iceland is the only full color guide to this destination.
- Detailed directions and over 20 maps for getting around and exploring on your own
- Iceland travel itineraries for every trip and budget, including:
- Winter Wonders
- Get Yourself in Hot Water
- The Best of Iceland
- The Best of Reykjavík
- Best Wildlife Watching
- 4-Day Iceland Getaway
- Strategic advice on finding the best accommodations, getting around, and experiencing the real Iceland, even in the challenging but rewarding winter season
- Activities and trip ideas for every traveler, such as walking on a glacier, visiting volcanoes, soaking in hot springs, road trips through stark and beautiful tundra, whale watching, best hikes, and wildlife-spotting, and tips on seeing the northern lights, as well as Reykjavík’s incredible museums and nightlife
- Focused information for Reykjavík, Reykjanes Peninsula and the South, Snæfellsnes Peninsula and the Westfjords, North Iceland, East Iceland and the Eastfjords, and the Highlands
- Accurate and Up-to-date information, researched by a local
- Useful tools such as an Icelandic phrasebook, packing suggestions, and an easy to navigate format, all packaged in a book light enough to fit in your carry-on
- Well-researched background on the landscape, history, government, and culture, equipping you have the experience you’re looking for
With Moon Iceland’s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider’s view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Full list of coverage in this Iceland travel guidebook: Reykjavík, Reykjanes Peninsula, the Golden Circle, the Southern Coast, Southwest Iceland, Heimaey, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, the Westfjords, Akranes and inland, Húnaflói, Skagafjördur, Tröllaskagi, Grímsey, Akureyri, Mývatn region, Húsavík, Jökulsárgljúfur National Park, the Northeastern Corner, Vopnafjördur, Fljótsdalshérad, the Eastfjords, the Vatnajökull Revion, Springisandur, and Kjölur
Originally from New York City, Jenna Gottlieb fell in love with Iceland in 2006 on a spur of the moment getaway. During that trip, there were many firsts: her first time riding a horse, walking behind a waterfall, and being served dishes like singed sheep’s head and sour ram testicles. She survived and continued to return, permanently relocating to Iceland in 2012.
While researching and writing this book, Jenna discovered new favorites and revisited old haunts. Her favorite experiences in Iceland include puffin watching, hiking in the north, and spending as much time in the West Fjords as possible.
A freelance writer specializing in travel, business, and lifestyle, Jenna has contributed to the Associated Press, CNN Travel, the Independent, New York Post, and the Reykjavik Grapevine, among others. You can see some of her published work at jennagottlieb.com.