Moon Istanbul & the Turkish Coast
By Leeann Murphy
Second Edition, January 2015
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
This full-color guide to Istanbul and the Turkish coast includes vibrant photos and helpful planning maps.
Turkey resident Leeann Murphy guides travelers to the highlights of Istanbul and the Turkish coast, from exploring the world-class shopping and dining of Istanbul’s charming neighborhoods to relaxing on the golden sands of the Mediterranean’s beaches. Murphy also offers unique trip ideas, including Outdoor Adventures in Turkey, Ancient Cities and the Blue Cruise, and Cappadocia’s Lunar Landscape. Complete with details on sampling each town’s celebrated culinary dishes, hiking the Turquoise Coast’s Lycian Way, and touring the architectural marvels of the Thracian Peninsula, Moon Istanbul & the Turkish Coast gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Istanbul & the Turkish Coast
Enjoy the very best of Istanbul & the Turkish Coast with these itineraries:
- The Best of Istanbul and the Turkish Coast
- Turkish Delight
- Ancient Cities and the Blue Cruise
- Best Photo-Ops
- Best Beaches
- Top Outdoor Adventures
- Unique Places to Stay
- Cappadocia’s Lunar Landscape
- The Seven Churches of the Revelation
Explore what Istanbul & the Turkish Coast has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Thrace and the Sea of Marmara including Marmara Denizi (Sea of Marmara), Edirne, and Gelibolu Yarimadasi (Gallipoli Peninsula)
- The Northern Aegean Coast including Çanakkale and Truva (Troy), Bergama (Pergamum), and Izmir
- The Southern Aegean Coast including The Ephesus Region and Pamukkale
- The Turquoise Coast including Bodrum, Marmaris, Dalyn, Fethiye, Kalkan, Kaş, Olympos, Çirali, and Chimera, and Antalya
- Cappadocia and Central Anatolia including Cappadocia, Konya, Ankara, and Hattuşaş (Boğazkale)
Resources include a Turkish Phrasebook
Leeann Murphy has walked the labyrinth of streets in Istanbul, hiked the hills of Gallipoli, cruised the Aegean Sea from Ayvalik, visited ancient Ephesus and the quaint hillside village of Sirince, and paddled the warm waters of Pamukkale. As a professional belly dancer, she has long been infatuated with Middle Eastern culture and music, and these experiences won her heart.
Following the untimely death of her father in 2009, Leeann realized that she needed to follower her passion and moved to Turkey indefinitely. She has been feasting on the smorgasbord of attractions in the country ever since.
Today, friends consider Australian-born Leeann “Austolian” (half Australian, half Anatolian). Her life has never been so full of color, creativity, and adventure. Leeann hopes to pass on her Turkish hospitality through her writing, both in this book and at Afar.com.