Moon Istanbul & the Turkish Coast
By Jessica Tamtürk
First Edition, October 2010
Price: $21.99 USD
Turkey resident Jessica Tamtürk guides travelers to the highlights of Istanbul and the Turkish coast, from exploring the world-class shopping and dining of Istanbul’s Kadiköy district to relaxing on the golden sands of Altinkum’s beaches. Tamtürk also offers unique trip ideas, including Outdoor Adventures in Turkey, Retracing History, and Gastronomica. Complete with details on sampling papalina in Ayvalik, hiking the Turquoise Coast’s Lycian Way, and touring the architectural marvels of the Thracian Peninsula, Moon Istanbul & the Turkish Coast gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Istanbul & the Turkish Coast
Enjoy the very best of Istanbul & the Turkish Coast with these itineraries:
- The Best of Istanbul and the Turkish Coast
- Turkish Delight
- Top 10 Best Beaches
- Diving Discoveries
- Following Alexander the Great
- The Seven Churches of the Revelation
Explore what Istanbul & the Turkish Coast has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Thrace and the Sea of Marmara including Marmara Denizi (Sea of Marmara), Gelibolu Yarimadasi (Gallipoli Peninsula) and Edirne
- The Northern Aegean Coast including Truva (troy) and Canakkale, Bergama (Pergamum), and Izmir
- The Southern Aegean Coast including The Ephesus Region and Pamukkale
- The Turquoise Coast including Bodrum, Marmaris, Dalyn, Fethiye, Kalkan, Kas, Kale (Demre), and Antalya
- Cappadocia and Central Anatolia including Cappadocia, Konya, Ankara, and Hattusas (Bogazkale)
Resources include a Turkish Phrasebook
Belgian-born, California-raised travel writer Jessica Tamtürk has called the culturally-vivid metropolis of Istanbul and the small olive-haven of Pelitköy her homes since 2005. She spent the ten years prior on lengthy reconnaissance missions and family visits in Turkey until finally expatriating to the shores of the Bosphorus. Marriage and a couple of baby carriages later, her love and admiration for this culturally and historically unparalleled land and its natives has only grown deeper.
Jessica honed her journalistic chops at a small daily in the Golden State, receiving regional distinction for her investigative articles on education and crime in the process. From there, she went on to focus on her passions—the written word and Turkey—in various print and online publications, including Transitions Abroad, Istanbul Guide, and Fortune Magazine.