Buy Moon Kaua‘i
Eighth Edition, February 2016
Price: $17.99 USD
Price: $11.99 USD
Make Your Escape!
A verdant retreat full of old Hawaii charm, Kauaʻi is aloha at its best. See the soul of Hawaii with Moon Kauaʻi, the travel guide preferred by locals.
What You’ll Find in Moon Kauaʻi:
- Expert, local author Kevin Whitton provides an adventurer’s perspective on the island he calls home
- Full-color guides with vibrant, helpful photos, in an easy-to-navigate format
- Detailed directions and over 20 maps for exploring on your own
- Kaua’i travel itineraries for every trip and budget with options for rainy days, including:
- The Best of Kauaʻi
- Honeymoon Hotspots
- Best Beaches
- Underwater Paradise
- Best Outdoor Adventures
- Waterfall Wonders
- Best Cultural and Historic Sites
- In-depth coverage for Lihuʻe and the East Side, Princeville and the North Shore, Poʻipu and the South Shore, and Waimea and the West Side
- Honest advice on finding the best accommodations, accessible transportation, and experiencing the real Kaua’i
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: snorkel the coral reefs, ride the waves, or relax in the sun.< Hike the famed Na Pali Coast or the breathtaking Waimea Canyon. Pick up paddle-boarding or learn to scuba dive. Discover the most beautiful waterfall or catch the best sunset for a romantic getaway
- Nuanced background, researched by a local, including information on the landscape, plants and animals, history, and culture
- Handy tools such as detailed lodging information and suggestions on LGBT+ travel and eco-tourism, all in a book light enough for your beach bag
With Moon Kauaʻi’s practical tips, myriad activities, and Kevin’s local insight on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Avid surfer and nature-lover Kevin Whitton has traveled extensively throughout Mexico, Indonesia, and Australia. He’s volunteered as a trail guide in a private Costa Rican rainforest preserve and as a snowmobile guide in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains. When confronted with the choice between living in the mountains and visiting the beach, or living at the beach and visiting the mountains, Kevin refused to choose, deciding to call O‘ahu home instead. Now when he waits for a wave at one of his favorite windward or North Shore surf breaks, he can gaze at the verdant mountains and revel in the best of both worlds.
Kevin is the author of the award-winning Green Hawai‘i: A Guide to a Sustainable and Energy Efficient Home and A Pocket Guide to Hawai‘i’s Botanical Gardens. He writes for Hawai‘i’s most notable regional publications, is active in the islands’ surf media, is the managing editor at Element Media, and is the co-founder and editor of GREEN: Hawai‘i’s Sustainable Living Magazine.