By Theresa Dowell Blackinton
Second Edition, July 2014
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Native Kentuckian Theresa Dowell Blackinton gives readers an insider’s look at the Bluegrass State, from the revelry of the Kentucky Derby Festival to quiet, cool Mammoth Cave. Blackinton provides suggestions for unique trip itineraries, including Horsin’ Around, Traveling the Bourbon Trail, and The Best of the Bluegrass State. Complete with tips on where to find the best bluegrass tunes and barbecue in Owensboro and how to rent a house boat to cruise the Land Between the Lakes Recreation Area, Moon Kentucky gives travelers to tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Kentucky
Enjoy the very best of Kentucky with these itineraries:
Explore what Kentucky has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Louisville and Vicinity
- Bowling Green, Cave Country, and South Central Lakes
- Bardstown, the Bourbon Trail, and Frankfort including Bardstown and Vicinity, The Bourbon Trail and Nearby Towns
- Lexington including Versailles and Midway, Georgetown, Paris, Winchester, Richmond, Nicholasville and Jessamine County, Harrodsburg, Danville and Perryville
- Northern Kentucky and Covered Bridge Country including Covington, Newport, Florence and Boone County, Carroll County, Owen County, and Gallatin County
- Appalachia including Country Music Highway, Southern Appalachia, The Appalachian Interior, Big South Fork Area, The Western Foothills, and Northern Appalachia
- Owensboro, Paducah, and Land Between the Lakes including Owensboro and Vicinity, Henderson, Paducah and Vicinity, Land Between the Lakes Region, and East of Land Between the Lakes