Moon Living Abroad in Thailand
By Suzanne Nam
First Edition, October 2010
Moon Thailand author and Bangkok resident Suzanne Nam knows what it takes to make the move to Thailand. As a dedicated travel writer who has lived in Thailand for more than four years, Nam has the firsthand know-how and insight to help you make a smooth transition to life in Southeast Asia. With her experience to guide you, you’ll have no trouble avoiding common mistakes, engaging in Thai culture, and enjoying life to the fullest in this fast-evolving country.
Moon Living Abroad in Thailand is packed with essential information and must-have details on setting up daily life, including obtaining visas, arranging finances, and gaining employment. Nam also includes particulars on education, health care, and how to rent or buy a home that fits your needs. With color and black and white photos, illustrations, and maps to help you find your way, Moon Living Abroad in Thailand is an indispensable resource for tourists, business people, adventurers, students, teachers, professionals, families, couples, and retirees looking to relocate.
What’s inside Moon Living Abroad in Thailand
Here’s what author Suzanne Nam loves about Thailand:
- Cheap, fresh, and delicious street food available from early morning to late at night.
- Never feeling cold.
- Taxi drivers routinely quizzing me about my life, then telling me I speak Thai well even when I stumble over words and can’t understand them.
- Shopping for cute shoes and dresses at the markets, and usually paying about $5 for each.
- Thai fried chicken.
- Having neighbors and street vendors wave hello and smile when I’m out walking my dog.
- Wet markets filled with fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, and fish.
- Thai massage.
- Getting my hair washed, straightened, and styled for less than $10.
- Hopping on the back of a motorcycle taxi when I’m in a rush.
- Gorgeous beaches and warm, clear water.
- Cheap flights to almost anywhere in the country.
- Orchids of every color imaginable.
Excerpted from the First Edition of Moon Living Abroad in Thailand.