Moon Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
By Paul Vachon
Third Edition, March 2015
Born-and-raised Michigander Paul Vachon provides an insider’s view of the Upper Peninsula, from the delicious meat-filled pasties the area is famous for to the tremendous natural beauty on display there. To ensure that every traveler finds the trip suited to their individual needs, Vachon also offers carefully designed itineraries such as Best of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, History Comes to Light, and Following the Lake Superior Trail. Complete with details on enjoying the tranquility of Tahquamenon Falls, boating at Indian Lake State Park, and exploring Mackinac Island, Moon Michigan’s Upper Peninsula gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
Enjoy the very best of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula with these itineraries:
- Best of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- Fall Colors
- Echoes of the Edmund Fitzgerald
- Mush! Dogsledding in the U.P.
- Getaway to Mackinac Island and Beyond
- Shipwreck Dives
- Camping Out in the U.P.
Explore what Michigan’s Upper Peninsula has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- The Straits of Mackinac including Mackinac Island, St. Ignace, and Mackinaw City
- Escanaba and the Lake Michigan Shore including St. Ignace to Manistique, Garden Peninsula, Escanaba and Vicinity, Menominee and Vicinity
- The Superior Upland including Iron Mountain and Vicinity, Iron River and the Ottawa National Forest, Ironwood, Porcupine Mountains and Ontonagon
- Keweenaw Peninsula and Isle Royale including Houghton, Hancock, and Vicinity, Copper Harbor and Vicinity, and Isle Royale
- Marquette and the Lake Superior Shore including Marquette and Vicinity, Huron Mountains, Munising and Grand Island, Pictured Rocks and Grand Marais, Seney and Vicinity
- Whitefish Bay to the Lake Huron Shore including Paradise and Vicinity, and Sault Ste. Marie