Moon Monterey & Carmel
Including Santa Cruz & Big Sur
By Kristin Leal
Fourth Edition, December 2012
Price: $16.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Journalist and Monterey Bay area resident Kristin Leal offers her firsthand experience and advice on Monterey, Carmel, and beyond, from Fisherman’s Wharf and Cannery Row to the nearby areas of Pacific Grove and Salinas. Leal includes various travel itinerary ideas, such as Family Fun in Santa Cruz, Charmed in Carmel-by-the-Sea, and Visit Early California—a guide to the best antiques shops and Mexican restaurants San Juan Bautista has to offer. Complete with expert tips on wandering the redwoods in the Santa Cruz mountains, finding hidden waterfalls in Big Sur, and spotting otters at the Elkhorn Slough National Reserve, Moon Monterey & Carmel gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Monterey & Carmel
Enjoy the very best of Monterey & Carmel with these itineraries:
- Monterey: Maritime Escape
- Steinbeck Country
- Carmel: Art and Wine
- Santa Cruz: Coast and Mountains
- Kayaking Coastal Waters
- Hit the Trail
- Big Sur to Morro Bay Road Trip
- Central Coast Wine Tasting
Explore what Monterey & Carmel has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Salinas and Inland Monterey
- Monterey including Pacific Grove, Pebble Beach, and Northern Monterey County
- Carmel including Carmel-by-the-Sea and Carmel Valley
- Santa Cruz including Santa Cruz Mountains
- Big Sur including Carmel to Lucia and Lucia to San Simeon
- San Simeon, Cambria, and Morro Bay including Cayucos
Kristin Leal is a freelance columnist and reporter who currently contributes regularly to the Monterey County Herald. Her weekly column, called The Great Outdoors, focuses on travel adventures within Monterey County and the surrounding areas.
Leal has lived in the Monterey area for the last four years, during which time she has fallen in love with the region. She spends her free time discovering the treasures around the Bay and beyond, and is always in search of new, delightful “staycation” and adventure options.