Moon Moscow and St. Petersburg
Price: $17.95 USD
Moscow-based journalists and editors Nathan Toohey and Jennifer Chater use their experience living in St. Petersburg and as Moscow locals to divulge the mysteries of an area hidden from the Western world for nearly 70 years, from exploring Moscow’s 24-hour nightlife, museums, festivals and shopping districts to traversing St. Petersburg’s canals, palaces and imperial architecture. Toohey and Chater provide suggestions for travelers combining both cities in one visit, along with itinerary ideas, such as a Soviet Flashback in Moscow and the Imperial Grandeur of St. Petersburg. Moon Moscow and St. Petersburg is packed with information on dining, transportation, and accommodations. Complete with details on where to take a troika ride, play billards, or purchase sundries from street traders, Moon Moscow and St. Petersburg gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Moscow & St. Petersburg
Enjoy the very best of Moscow and St. Petersburg with these itineraries:
- The Best of Moscow & St. Petersburg
- Vodka, Borsch, and Shashlik
- Soviet Flashback: Moscow
- Holiday Traditions
- Imperial Grandeur: St. Petersburg
Discover the ins and outs of Moscow’s & St. Petersburg’s neighborhoods.
Recommendations for the top restaurants, nightlife, shops, sights, and hotels in:
- The Kremlin and Red Square
- Kitay-Gorod, Lubyanka, and Chistye Prudy
- The Center and Inner Northwest
- Arbat and Kroptkinskaya
- Greater Moscow
- The Center
- Kolomna to Sennaya Ploshchad
- Vasilyevsky Island
- Petrograd Side
- Smolny and Old Nevsky
- Greater St. Petersburg
Take a trip outside the city with these excursions:
- Moscow: Rostov Veliky, Sergiyev Posad, Suzdal, and Vladimir.
- St. Petersburg: Peterhof, Pushkin, Pavlovsk, Kronshtadt, Vyborg, and Novgorod the Great.