Buy Moon Napa & Sonoma
Third Edition, June 2017
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
Incomparable wines, award-winning cuisine, rolling hills, and historic towns: discover the heart of California wine country with Moon Napa & Sonoma.
- Strategic itineraries, from a romantic weekend getaway to a week exploring the whole region
In-depth coverage of Napa Valley and Southern and Northern Sonoma, with a bonus chapter on San Francisco
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- The best winery tours to fit your taste and timeline, and a guide to classic California wines and where to find them
- Must-see attractions and off-beat ideas for making the most of your trip: Sample Cabs, Pinots, and Chardonnays on the Napa Valley Wine Train, or exclusive varietals at a unique family-owned vineyard. Explore the forests and farms of the lush Russian River Valley, the historic charms of downtown Sonoma, or the hip revitalization of Guerneville. Soak in hot springs at a luxurious spa, or spend a day rafting, hiking, or even hot-air ballooning. Indulge in fresh produce at a farmers market, splurge on Michelin-starred restaurants, and enjoy a night of dancing at a trendy jazz bar
- Honest advice from Bay Area native Elizabeth Linhart Veneman on when to go and where to stay, from upscale resorts and “glamping” yurts, to budget motels and family-friendly campgrounds
- Recommendations for visitors with disabilities, traveling with kids, and exploring wine country on a budget
- Tips for getting around safely by car or public transportation
- Thorough background on the culture, environment, wildlife, and history, plus a glossary of common wine terminology
With Moon’s local insight, diverse activities, and expert tips on experiencing the best of Napa and Sonoma, you can plan your trip your way!
Elizabeth Linhart Veneman
Elizabeth Linhart Veneman has always viewed growing up in Northern California as both a blessing and curse. There is so much to see, do, and experience all within a short drive—from broad sequoias in the Sierras to ancient lava beds north of Mount Shasta, from creaky Gold Rush towns to the pampering Wine Country—that she began to wonder why anyone would ever leave.
Elizabeth was eventually lured out of the Golden State to Alaska’s far north, where she traveled the Inside Passage, baked bread under the midnight sun in Denali National Park, and chronicled the state’s burgeoning sustainable agriculture for Alaska Magazine. These adventures culminated in penning the travel guide InsightGuides: Alaska.
But Elizabeth knew her California roots were too deep to stay away for long. Raised in Carmel, where her great-great grandmother opened the first restaurant (a soup kitchen with dirt floors!) at the turn of the 20th century, she would always call California home. So she returned and devoted herself to writing about the state she loves most. Her work has included the travel guides SmartGuide: San Francisco and InsightGuides: San Francisco, as well as reporting on food and sustainable agriculture for local publications.
Elizabeth is still enchanted by Northern California’s wondrous melding of natural splendor with cultural charm. She currently lives with her family in San Francisco’s Richmond district.