Moon New York State
By Sascha Zuger
Fifth Edition, June 2010
Price: $19.95 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Traveler and author Sascha Zuger covers the best of New York State, from iconic metropolis New York City to rural, natural regions such as Madison County and the Finger Lakes. Zuger provides a variety of unique travel strategies for any kind of traveler, such as The Best of New York State, Three Weekend Getaways, and Culture Outside New York City. Including expert advice on dining and entertainment in all five boroughs of New York City as well as richly historical sights in central New York, Moon New York State gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon New York State
Enjoy the very best of New York State with these itineraries:
- The Best of New York State
- An Art-Lover’s Journey
- Erie Canal Cruise
- Exploring the Outdoors
- Hampton Foodie
- Day Trips from New York City
Explore what New York State has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- New York City including Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, The Bronx, and Staten Island
- Long Island including The North Shore, The North Fork and Shelter Island, The South Shore, and The Hamptons
- The Hudson Valley including Lower Hudson Valley, Mid-Hudson Valley, Upper Hudson Valley, Albany, and Excursions from Albany
- The Adirondacks including Saratoga Springs and Vicinity, Washington County, Lake George and Southeastern Adirondacks, Champlain Valley, High Peaks and Northern Adirondacks, Northwest Lakes, Central Adirondacks, and The Thousand Islands
- The Finger Lakes including Syracuse, Skaneatles Lake Area, Owasco Lake Area, Cayuga Lake Area, Ithaca, Seneca Lake, Elmira, Corning, Keuka Lake, Canandaigua Lake Area, and Beyond
- Niagara and the Erie Canal including Buffalo, Orleans County, and Rochester
After spending a decade dedicated to exploring most of the world, Sascha Zuger is quite certain the only place she could happily call home is the wild, beautiful state of New York.
Though firmly ensconced in the tiny Catskill mountain village of Woodstock, Sascha frequently makes the short journey to NYC to take advantage of the arts, culture, and pure energy of the city—whether taking in a Broadway show, new eatery or exhibit opening, or loitering in her favorite Greenwich Village coffee shop.
Sascha enjoys sharing her passion for travel and the hidden gems unearthed during her wanderings in dozens of publications, including National Geographic Traveler, Gourmet, O Magazine, Food Network Magazine, Cookie, WIRED, The Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and in her occasional commentary for NPR-affiliate KWMU.
Much of Sascha’s former life as a sailor and world-wandering, dolphin-training, shark-diving beach bum can be read about in her novels, Girl Overboard and Will Work for Prom Dress (under the pseudonym Aimee Ferris); her memoir, Dancing Under Water; and Sacrifice Play”, her contribution to the essay collection Blessings: Reflections on Gratitude, Love, and What Makes Us Happy.