Buy Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island
Fifth Edition, June 2017
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
Rugged coastline, friendly people, and incredible scenery: make your own adventure with Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island.
- Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format so you can make the most of your time in each of the three provinces, including itineraries for a family trip, ocean adventures, and the week-long Best of Nova Scotia
- Curated advice from local Andrew Hempstead, who shares the secrets of his beloved islands with you
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions with driving times and mileage
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Explore historic attractions such as the imposing Citadel Hill with walks through coastal parks and feasts of fresh seafood from local waters. Hike through national parks, bike along back roads, kayak the coast, and admire the picturesque lighthouses. Follow the Cabot Trail to enjoy stunning scenery out your car window. Join in the dancing at a ceilidh and taste some rappie pie. See if you can spot one of the world’s rarest whales, or indulge your literary side by visiting sights from Anne of Green Gables.
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- Essential insight for travelers on recreation, transportation, and accommodations, packaged in a book light enough to toss in your bag
With Moon Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island‘s practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider’s view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Poking around the side streets of downtown Halifax, canoeing in Kejimkujik National Park, sampling rappie pie along the Acadian Coast, and surfing the waves of Lawrencetown Beach—Andrew Hempstead has done all of this and more.
As a professional travel writer, Andrew spends as much time as possible out on the road. During his travels, he experiences the many and varied delights of Nova Scotia the same way his readers do.
Since the early 1990s, Andrew has authored and updated more than 60 guidebooks, and supplied content for regional and national clients like Expedia and KLM. His photography has appeared in a wide variety of media, ranging from international golf magazines to a Ripley’s Believe it or Not! Museum.
Andrew and his wife Dianne also own Summerthought Publishing, a Canadian regional publisher of nonfiction books. He is a member of The Diners Club® World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy. Andrew has also spoken on travel writing to a national audience and has contributed to a university-level travel writing textbook.