By Justin Henderson
Seventh Edition, June 2015
Price: $21.99 USD
Price: $14.99 USD
This full-color guide includes vibrant photos and helpful maps.
Traveler and author Justin Henderson covers the best of Oaxaca, from bargaining at the Mercado Juárez to exploring the Castillo de Moctezuma Aztec pyramid. Henderson offers up unique trip strategies, including Best Beaches and Local Festivals & Native Markets, as well as experienced advice on where to go and what to see. Complete with information on sampling mezcal, Oaxaca’s native liquor, and enjoying the vistas and fresh seafood of Puerto Ángel, Moon Oaxaca gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Oaxaca
Enjoy the very best of Oaxaca with these itineraries:
- Día de los Muertos
- The Best of Oaxaca
- Mezcal and Mole
- Ecotourism Lodges
- Tianguis: Native Markets
- Outdoor Adventures
- Best Surfing Spots
- Best Beaches
Explore what Oaxaca has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- Oaxaca City
- The Valley of Oaxaca including The Textile Route, The Crafts Route, and Monte Albán and the Archaeological Route.
- Pacific Resorts and Southern Sierra including Puerto Ángel and Vicinity, Bahías de Huatulco and Vicinity, Puerto Escondido and Vicinity, and Parque Nacional Lagunas de Chacahua
- The Mixteca including Northwest from Oaxaca City, Dominican Route South, The Mixteca Baja: Land of the Sun, and The Mixteca Alta
- Northern Oaxaca including Northern Sierra, Into the Papaloapan, and The Cañada: Canyon Country
- The Isthumus including Tehuántepec and Vicinity, Juchítan, and Salina Cruz and Vicinity