Moon Olympic Peninsula
By Jeff Burlingame
Second Edition, May 2015
Price: $14.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Author and Washington native Jeff Burlingame knows the best ways to enjoy the Olympic Peninsula, from strolling through the subalpine meadows and temperate rain forests of Olympic National Park to soaking and swimming at Sol Duc Hot Springs. Burlingame offers unique strategies so travelers can organize their trips around specific time restrictions and interests, such as A Long Weekend, Seven Days of Highlights, and—for Stephenie Meyer fans—Three Days of Twilight. With details on touring small towns, exploring the coast, and getting lost in nature, Moon Olympic Peninsula gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Olympic Peninsula
Enjoy the very best of Olympic Peninsula with these itineraries:
- The Best of the Olympic Peninsula
- Wine Time
- Three-Day Weekend with the Kids
- Best Hikes
- The Great Outdoors
- Best Campgrounds
Explore what Olympic Peninsula has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- The Kitsap Peninsula and Hood Canal including Shelton, South Hood Canal, and North Hood Canal
- Port Angeles and the Northern Peninsula including Port Townsend, Sequim-Dungeness Valley, The Elwha and Sol Duc River Valleys, Strait of Juan de Fuca Highway, Neah Bay and Lake Ozette
- Hoh Rain Forest and the Coast including Forks, La Push and Vicinity, Hoh River Valley, Queets, Quinault, Kalaloch, North Beach, Grays Harbor, South Beach, and Long Beach Peninsula
Jeff Burlingame is the author of 30 nonfiction books. He has won several high-profile awards for his work, including a prestigious NAACP Image Award and a national Sigma Delta Chi Award from the Society of Professional Journalists.
Prior to becoming a full-time author, Jeff spent a decade working as a reporter and editor for his hometown newspaper in the blue-collar Olympic Peninsula town of Aberdeen, where he won nearly a dozen awards for his writing and cofounded the nonprofit Kurt Cobain Memorial Foundation.
Jeff lives in Tacoma, Washington, and is currently working on his first novel.