By Carolyn B. Heller
Second Edition, June 2015
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Professional travel writer Carolyn B. Heller shares the best ways to experience all that Ontario has to offer, from scuba diving shipwrecks in the Great Lakes to dining on contemporary fare at Toronto’s hottest restaurants. Heller leads readers to the highlights of this fascinating region with trip ideas such as Food and Wine Touring, Active Adventures, and History and Culture—providing different approaches for different kinds of travelers. Complete with tips on enjoying more than just the falls on the Niagara peninsula, hopping a ferry to Pelee Island for wine-tasting and relaxation, and ice skating on the world’s longest skating rink in Ottawa, Moon Ontario gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Ontario
Enjoy the very best of Ontario with these itineraries:
- The Best of Ontario
- Sipping and Supping
- Toronto for Culture Vultures
- Georgian Bay Coastal Route
- Niagara is for Lovers
- Ontario Outdoors
- Northern Exposure
- Following the Underground Railroad
Explore what Ontario has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- The Niagara Region including Niagara Falls, Niagara-n-the-lake, The Twenty Valley, St. Catherines and the Welland Canal
- Lake Erie to Lake Huron including Hamilton and Vicinity, Kitchener-Waterloo and Vicinity, Stratford and Vicinity, London, Southwestern Ontario, and Along Lake Huron
- Ottawa including Gaineau
- Eastern Ontario including Peterborough and the Kawartha Lakes, Lake Ontario, Prince Edward County, Kingston, The Thousand Islands and the St. Lawrence
- Georgian Bay and Cottage Country including The Bruce Peninsula, Collingwood and the Blue Mountains, Midland and Parry Sound, Muskoka Cottage Country, Huntsville and Vicinity, and Algonquin Provincial Park
- The North including North Bay to James Bay, Sudbury, Killarney, Manitoulin Island, Sault Ste. Marie and Vicinity
Carolyn B. Heller traveled more than 5,000 miles (8,200 kilometers) across the highways and back roads of western Canada while researching Moon Vancouver and the Canadian Rockies Road Trip. A full-time travel and food writer since the mid-1990s, Carolyn is the author of four Avalon Travel titles: Moon Ontario, Moon Spotlight Georgian Bay & Cottage Country, Moon Vancouver Canadian Rockies Road Trip and Living Abroad in Canada, and she has contributed to more than 50 other travel and restaurant guides. Her articles have appeared in Forbes Travel, Viator Travel, the Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Perceptive Travel, FamilyFun, Real Weddings, and many other publications.
Carolyn is an avid traveler and passionate food lover who has eaten on the streets, in fine restaurants, and everywhere in between in more than 40 countries. She’s been road-tripping since she was a child, and she has continued that road trip tradition with her own daughters, notably in 2003, when she and her then-10-year-old twins traveled across the United States on an epic six-week, mother-daughter road trip, where they got drenched at Niagara Falls, toured museums of SPAM and Jell-O, camped at Yellowstone National Park, and ate mashed potatoes with gravy in 14 states.
A graduate of Brown University, Carolyn lives with her husband in Vancouver, British Columbia, where you can often find her running on the beach, practicing her storytelling skills, or sampling a new Chinese restaurant. Follow Carolyn’s adventures at www.cbheller.com and on Twitter @CarolynBHeller.