By Carolyn B. Heller
Second Edition, June 2015
Price: $19.99 USD
Professional travel writer Carolyn B. Heller shares the best ways to experience all that Ontario has to offer, from scuba diving shipwrecks in the Great Lakes to dining on contemporary fare at Toronto’s hottest restaurants. Heller leads readers to the highlights of this fascinating region with trip ideas such as Food and Wine Touring, Active Adventures, and History and Culture—providing different approaches for different kinds of travelers. Complete with tips on enjoying more than just the falls on the Niagara peninsula, hopping a ferry to Pelee Island for wine-tasting and relaxation, and ice skating on the world’s longest skating rink in Ottawa, Moon Ontario gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Ontario
Enjoy the very best of Ontario with these itineraries:
- The Best of Ontario
- Sipping and Supping
- Toronto for Culture Vultures
- Georgian Bay Coastal Route
- Niagara is for Lovers
- Ontario Outdoors
- Northern Exposure
- Following the Underground Railroad
Explore what Ontario has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- The Niagara Region including Niagara Falls, Niagara-n-the-lake, The Twenty Valley, St. Catherines and the Welland Canal
- Lake Erie to Lake Huron including Hamilton and Vicinity, Kitchener-Waterloo and Vicinity, Stratford and Vicinity, London, Southwestern Ontario, and Along Lake Huron
- Ottawa including Gaineau
- Eastern Ontario including Peterborough and the Kawartha Lakes, Lake Ontario, Prince Edward County, Kingston, The Thousand Islands and the St. Lawrence
- Georgian Bay and Cottage Country including The Bruce Peninsula, Collingwood and the Blue Mountains, Midland and Parry Sound, Muskoka Cottage Country, Huntsville and Vicinity, and Algonquin Provincial Park
- The North including North Bay to James Bay, Sudbury, Killarney, Manitoulin Island, Sault Ste. Marie and Vicinity
Carolyn B. Heller first visited Ontario as a child. She recalls spending family holidays exploring the Thousand Islands, touring Canada’s tomato capital, and cruising under the spray at Niagara Falls. Later, she took her own children to Niagara. After moving to Canada in 2003, Carolyn began scouting out Toronto’s neighborhoods, taking in theater festivals at Stratford and Niagara-on-the-Lake, and discovering Ontario’s outdoors – from the rocky shores of Bruce Peninsula to the pink cliffs of Killarney and the lakes and trails in Algonquin Provincial Park.
A full-time writer, Carolyn has contributed to more than 50 travel and restaurant guides to destinations ranging from Canada and New England to China. She’s the author of Moon Living Abroad in Canada and its companion website, livingabroadincanada.com. Her articles have appeared in Forbes Travel, Viator Travel, the Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, FamilyFun, Real Weddings, and Perceptive Travel, as well as the book Travelers’ Tales Paris.
Carolyn is an avid traveler and passionate food lover who has dined in more than 40 countries. A graduate of Brown University, she lives in Vancouver with her husband and twin daughters. Follow Carolyn’s adventures at cbheller.com and on Twitter @CarolynBHeller.