By Carolyn B. Heller
First Edition, June 2012
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $9.99 USD
Professional travel writer Carolyn B. Heller shares the best ways to experience all that Ontario has to offer, from scuba diving shipwrecks in the Great Lakes to dining on contemporary fare at Toronto’s hottest restaurants. Heller leads readers to the highlights of this fascinating region with trip ideas such as Food and Wine Touring, Active Adventures, and History and Culture—providing different approaches for different kinds of travelers. Complete with tips on enjoying more than just the falls on the Niagara peninsula, hopping a ferry to Pelee Island for wine-tasting and relaxation, and ice skating on the world’s longest skating rink in Ottawa, Moon Ontario gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable experience.
What’s inside Moon Ontario
Enjoy the very best of Ontario with these itineraries:
- The Best of Ontario
- Toronto for Culture Vultures
- Georgian Bay Circle Tour
- Ontario Sipping and Supping
- Northern Exposure
- Cool Sleeps
Explore what Ontario has to offer.
Recommendations for the top sights, recreation, entertainment, hotels, and food in:
- The Niagara Region including Niagara Falls, Niagara-n-the-lake, The Twenty Valley, St. Catherines and the Welland Canal
- Lake Erie to Lake Huron including Hamilton and Vicinity, Kitchener-Waterloo and Vicinity, Stratford and Vicinity, London, Southwestern Ontario, and Along Lake Huron
- Ottawa including Gaineau
- Eastern Ontario including Peterborough and the Kawartha Lakes, Lake Ontario, Prince Edward County, Kingston, The Thousand Islands and the St. Lawrence
- Georgian Bay and Cottage Country including The Bruce Peninsula, Collingwood and the Blue Mountains, Midland and Parry Sound, Muskoka Cottage Country, Huntsville and Vicinity, and Algonquin Provincial Park
- The North including North Bay to James Bay, Sudbury, Killarney, Manitoulin Island, Sault Ste. Marie and Vicinity
Carolyn B. Heller first vacationed in Ontario as a child: she spent family holidays by a lake in the Thousand Islands, touring Canada’s tomato capital, and cruising under the spray at Niagara Falls. Later, her own children joined her on a trip to Niagara Falls, where their favorite activities were anything that involved getting wet. After moving to Canada in 2003, Carolyn began exploring Toronto’s multicultural neighborhoods, taking in the theater festivals at Stratford and Niagara-on-the-Lake, and discovering Ontario’s outdoors, from the Bruce Peninsula’s rocky shores to the pink cliffs of Killarney and the lakes and trails in Algonquin Provincial Park.
A full-time travel, food, and feature writer, Carolyn has contributed to more than 50 travel and restaurant guides to destinations ranging from Canada and New England to China. She’s the author of the travel and relocation guide Moon Living Abroad in Canada and its companion website, livingabroadincanada.com. Her articles have appeared in publications including the Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, FamilyFun, Real Weddings, and Perceptive Travel, as well as the book Travelers’ Tales Paris.
Carolyn is an avid traveler and passionate food lover who has eaten on the streets, in fine restaurants, and everywhere in between in nearly 40 countries. A graduate of Brown University, she lives in Vancouver with her husband and twin daughters, where you can often find her trying out a new recipe, running on the beach, or struggling to learn Mandarin Chinese. Follow Carolyn’s adventures at cbheller.com and on Twitter @CarolynBHeller.