Buy Moon Oregon Camping
Fourth Edition, June 2014
Price: $19.99 USD
Price: $13.99 USD
Grab your sleeping bag, pack the car, and discover the best spots to pitch your tent with Moon Oregon Camping.
Inside Moon Oregon Camping you’ll find:
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds and RV parks, from family-friendly car camping to secluded hike-ins, including dog-friendly and wheelchair accessible options
- Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated on a scenic scale and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds
- Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, white water rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
- Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman Tom Stienstra is always on the move, having travelled more than a million miles across Washington, Oregon, and California over the past 25 years
- Tips and Tools: Essentials like equipment, food and cooking, first aid, and insect protection, as well as background information on the climate, landscape, and history of the campsites
- Coverage of the Whole State: Moon Oregon Camping covers Portland and the Willamette Valley, the Southern Cascades, the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood, Northeastern and Southeastern Oregon, and the Oregon Coast
Whether you’re a veteran or camping for the first time, Moon’s comprehensive coverage and trusted advice will have you ready to head out on your next adventure.
For over 30 years, Tom Stienstra‘s full-time job has been to capture and communicate the outdoor experience. He has hiked 25,000 miles, caught world-record fish, led dozens of expeditions, and is a certified pilot.
Tom is the nation’s top-selling author of outdoors guidebooks. He is the outdoor writer for the San Francisco Chronicle and broadcasts a weekly radio show, Tom Stienstra’s Outdoors Reports, on KCBS-San Francisco. Tom has been inducted into of the California Outdoors Hall of Fame, been named California Outdoor Writer of the Year five times, and received the President’s Choice Award (Newspaper/Website) from the Outdoor Writers Association of America three times.
You can contact Tom directly via the website tomstienstra.com.